Appnovation helps brands thrive through innovative, people-inspired experiences and solutions. By embracing the powerful combination of technology and agility, we seamlessly integrate strategy, experience, design, development and analytics.
We create standout digital experiences by collaborating with brands to understand the individual challenges and goals for every initiative. Focusing on our clients’ customers, we effectively combine empathy, evidence and real-world insight so that solutions are derived from truth and meaning. Appnovation is an award-winning team dedicated to inspiring possibility.
We are looking for a PMO Resource Manager to join our fast growing team in Hong Kong, to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the digital consultancy industry today. You’ll be responsible for determining project resourcing requirements, providing ongoing support to project managers and collaborating on resource management with multiple teams across the business.
As a successful Resource Manager, you should have extensive knowledge of resource and capacity planning, and ideally have experience in the digital consultancy or agency industry. You can accurately assess resource needs and provide sufficient capacity to realise projects’ goals. Fluent in both English and Cantonese, you must be able to communicate effectively with different people across the business as well as vendors and clients.
YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
Resource Management and Capacity Planning
- Work with projects managers and delivery leads for project resource to ensure resource planning is accurate and up-to-date.
- Assigning available staff to projects based on their skills and experience.
- Be aware of upcoming project needs, identifying skill gaps and planning recruitment drives to ensure project deliverables are met.
- Providing project managers with ongoing resource management and related support
- Monitoring employee utilisation, workload, and overtime hours.
- Lead resourcing function, workflow and procedures.
- Mitigating resource concerns by reallocating resources, adjusting goals, or assigning additional staff.
- Collaborating on resource management with internal departments.
- Documenting processes and maintaining records on in-house applications (Jira, Salesforce, Monday.com etc)
- Resolve resource conflicts if and when it happens between different projects, and escalate unresolvable problems to the management in a timely fashion
- Coordinating timesheets for employees and contractors and dealing with any queries
- Manage vendor/partner list and relationship
- Manage contract negotiation, outsourcing and associated financial processes.
- Work on outsourcing spending forecasts and ad-hoc reports as needed
- Lead daily operations duties to support sales, CRM, project delivery, resource planning, finance tracking.
- Working with HQ, manage operational tools, process and policies for APAC.
- Improve, manage and increase effectiveness and operational efficiency.
WHO YOU ARE
- 4+ years working in resource planning or project management function, preferably within a digital or IT consultancy or agency.
- Fluent in both English and excellent communication skills, both verbally and written. Cantonese would be beneficial.
- Highly organized and meticulous, with a keen eye for detail.
- An understanding of business operations within a consulting environment
- Excellent people skills, ability to collaborate and motivate team both in local office as well as across other global locations and HQ.
- Previous experience as a Project Manager or Business Analyst would be a huge advantage
- Be persuasive with details and facts.
- Advanced analytical, evaluation and problem solving skills.
- Previous experience of using tools such as; GDrive, Jira, Salesforce, FinancialForce PSA, Tableau, Monday.com
Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process.