Appnovation helps brands thrive through innovative, people-inspired experiences and solutions. By embracing the powerful combination of technology and agility, we seamlessly integrate strategy, experience, design, development and analytics.
We create standout digital experiences by collaborating with brands to understand the individual challenges and goals for every initiative. Focusing on our clients’ customers, we effectively combine empathy, evidence and real-world insight so that solutions are derived from truth and meaning. Appnovation is an award-winning team dedicated to inspiring possibility.
As a Project Management Intern, you will work closely with project stakeholders in the definition of business requirements and functional specifications on each assigned project.
Excellence in customer service, along with a dedicated proactive attitude, is an essential component of this role. Our goal is to achieve a true balance between quality, client satisfaction, efficiency, success, and profitability.
YOU WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Work with Strategy, Client Services and more senior Product Managers to determine the approach, deliverables and estimated effort necessary for the near and long-term product ownership and related business analysis activities.
- Working between the business stakeholders, and the developers of the solution, from strategic inception to delivery, you will champion and translate the intended solution or product vision to actionable tasks and specifications.
- Acquire an understanding of the product development process from ideation to implementation.
- Work within an agile environment, managing backlog grooming and sprint planning, estimations and story creation for Agile projects, including translating requirements into specifications in the form of Epics and Stories. Attention to clear, concise communication is imperative.
- Provide professional client-facing documentation with excellence in version control.
- Elicit client’s requirements through various techniques such as user interviews, workshops, document analysis, brainstorming exercises, etc.
- Use other methods if required to support the requirements such as use cases, process diagrams and wireframes using industry standard software applications.
- Assist Product Manager to establish project scope & facilitate requirement clarifications, collaborating with the development team to troubleshoot problems/roadblocks throughout the development cycle.
- Provide client training when needed for areas such as for content administration or other utility functions developed for the client.
- Manage and implement change management requirements to better enable success.
- Work with current day collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Slack, and Zoom.
- Facilitation and presenting to internal team meetings in-person, and through online web conferencing tools remotely when necessary.
WHO YOU ARE:
The ideal candidate is expected to have some skills and experience (or related training) in Business Analysis and/or Product Management. Preference for those with experience in CX/UX enablement, data-centric solutions, and digital product ownership. The candidate must be well versed in contemporary industry standard techniques for information discovery and problem analysis.
- Experience / training with requirements gathering and information discovery (business, data, and tech requirements).
- Experience / training in Business Analysis and/or Product Management, enterprise web-application, website, or mobile projects, either in prior co-op roles or in personal side projects.
- You are working towards a bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, Business Management, or related field.
- You have a technical background, training, or cool side projects (e.g., web development, web design, programming).
- Interest in product development processes and refining how we build great products.
- You use these terms in everyday language: requirements, stakeholders, user stories, wireframes, process and customer/user experience.
- Familiarity across a variety of business sectors including, but not limited to, public sector and private sector healthcare & life sciences, consumer electronics, travel and tourism, and/or education.
- Experience in organizing and presenting complex information in simple visual models.
- You have an appreciation for and understand the importance of user-centric design and strategy.
- You’re passionate about keeping up to date with the latest trends in technology, web and new media and you improve your domain knowledge through continual professional development.
Nice to Haves:
- Prior co-op experience working in an agency, consultancy, or within Product Management is a plus, but not mandatory.
- Client-facing background and experience partnering with multiple stakeholders is an asset.
- Working knowledge in Agile, Scrum and Design Thinking methodologies is a plus, but not mandatory.