Appnovation helps brands thrive through innovative, people-inspired experiences and solutions. By embracing the powerful combination of technology and agility, we seamlessly integrate strategy, experience, design, development and analytics.
We create standout digital experiences by collaborating with brands to understand the individual challenges and goals for every initiative. Focusing on our clients’ customers, we effectively combine empathy, evidence and real-world insight so that solutions are derived from truth and meaning. Appnovation is an award-winning team dedicated to inspiring possibility.
Strategy is integral to everything we do, bringing human insight, business acumen, customer engagement, and product expertise together to deliver positive outcomes for our clients’ businesses.
We believe that every solution should solve a human problem. Our Strategy department is made up of a talented mix of strategists, marketers, data experts, product managers, and change management consultants who help our clients gain a competitive advantage through exceptional experiences and business solutions that are rooted in human truth. We consistently collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams and client stakeholders to ensure each solution has clear direction and is anchored to a common way forward.
YOU WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Manage a sub-regional team of product managers, supporting regional Product Management initiatives as required
- Work closely with client and project stakeholders to translate the intended solution or product vision to actionable tasks and specifications
- Manage optimization planning to bring continuous value to long-term products and initiatives
- Work with Strategy, Client Services and Project Management to determine the approach, deliverables and estimated effort necessary for the near and long-term product ownership and related business analysis activities.
- Provide a detailed assessment of the client’s business situation including objectives, goals, product enablement gaps and opportunities.
- Planning digital transformation roadmaps that will mature and grow the digital and marketing abilities of organizations.
- Elicit client’s requirements through various techniques such as interviews, workshops, document analysis, brainstorming exercises etc.
- Work within an agile environment, leading backlog grooming and sprint planning, estimations and story creation for Agile projects, including translating requirements into specifications in the form of Epics and Stories. Attention to clear, concise communication is imperative.
- Provide professional client-facing documentation with excellence in version control.
- Facilitate communications between a wide range of individuals – strategy / creative / business / technical with various levels and departments within the customer’s organization - executives / IT / marketing / customer service.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Working with popular collaboration tools including JIRA, Confluence, Slack, Zoom, and Miro
- Facilitating workshops and presenting to client and internal teams
- Demoing development work completed to stakeholders in each iterative development or sprint cycle to ensure the delivery is on-track and aligned to the initial vision/strategic direction
- Building and maintaining trusted relationships with clients, stakeholders, and internal teams
- Excellent working background with Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Familiarity with a variety of technology systems and environments
- Familiarity across a broad spectrum of business verticals including, but not limited to, health & life sciences, retail/ecomm, travel & tourism, financial services, and education
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Business Management, or related field
- 10+ years experience in product management and/or business analysis
Nice To Haves:
- Agency/consultancy experience is an asset
- Certification in product management, product ownership, and/or scrum management
WHO YOU ARE:
- Excellence in client service and thought-leadership along with a dynamic and proactive attitude
- Strong people management and mentorship skills
- Passionate about keeping up to date with the latest trends in technology and new media and continuously improving domain knowledge through professional development and skills training