Appnovation helps brands thrive through innovative, people-inspired experiences and solutions. By embracing the powerful combination of technology and agility, we seamlessly integrate strategy, experience, design, development and analytics.
We create standout digital experiences by collaborating with brands to understand the individual challenges and goals for every initiative. Focusing on our clients’ customers, we effectively combine empathy, evidence and real-world insight so that solutions are derived from truth and meaning. Appnovation is an award-winning team dedicated to inspiring possibility.
As a Senior QA you will be responsible for providing QA strategy, governance, and support for a portfolio of projects, enhancements, and support initiatives. The role also involves testing, planning, coaching and managing the activities of other junior QA analysts. As our Senior QA, you will work closely with the team of Developers and other QAs to ensure the product meets all quality standards.
YOU WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Work within an Agile and/or Waterfall environment to identify any issues with product/testing requirements.
- Prepare / assist with preparation of all prescribed QA artifacts including, but not limited to, master test strategy and plan, functional test plan, QA acceptance plan/sign off, defect tracking report.
- Prepare and participate in automation, performance, and security testing as required.
- Participation and / or review of documentation and/or test results in all QA test phases such as requirements validation, Unit, Integration, functional, and regression testing.
- Develop test cases according to the master test plan.
- Perform QA testing and report issues as required.
- Walk through the QA test cases and the QA test plan with the QA Lead prior to execution.
- Mentor Junior QA Analysts as required.
- As we are a global professional services company, business travel may be needed.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 5+ years of formal testing experience
- 3+ years of test automation experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or equivalent experience.
- Strong SQL skills and experience with relational databases.
- Experience with testing APIs using API testing tools such as Postman.
- Experience with automated test scripting and implementation using BDD frameworks such as Behat or Cucumber.
- Experience with Python scripting and Pytest
- Experience with web application testing (browser compatibility, responsive testing, etc.)
- Experience with DevOps principles and practices is a plus
- Previous experience and knowledge of software quality tools (i.e. test case management, defect management), such as Jira and its family of tools.
- Experience in developing test plans, writing test scripts, developing use cases, implementing automated testing, governing quality standards, supervising test team activities, vetting and guiding requirements/acceptance criteria, and assisting business users through user acceptance test processes.
- Knowledge of the quality assurance discipline, the defect lifecycle management processes, and the software commonly used for test planning and defect tracking (Jira, Bugzilla, etc.)
- Platforms used: Windows, MacOS, Android/iOS mobile OS