Appnovation helps brands thrive through innovative, people-inspired experiences and solutions. By embracing the powerful combination of technology and agility, we seamlessly integrate strategy, experience, design, development and analytics.
We create standout digital experiences by collaborating with brands to understand the individual challenges and goals for every initiative. Focusing on our clients’ customers, we effectively combine empathy, evidence and real-world insight so that solutions are derived from truth and meaning. Appnovation is an award-winning team dedicated to inspiring possibility.
The Managing Director, China will report directly to the General Manager, APAC. The ideal candidate will have experience in senior leadership and management positions in a digital agency or consultancy within Mainland China, with proven track record in sales and business development. You will be the key driver to build and grow Appnovation business in Mainland China, with P&L responsibility. We are looking for someone whose primary motivation is growth and who can drive that growth by strategically understanding client’s business needs, developing capabilities and solutions to such needs. The candidate will possess the intellectual capacity to deal with complex solutions, with personal drive and passion to achieve continued growth with both Mainland Chinese companies and Global 5000 clients. You will have extensive experience in Mainland China, with local connections and network, who understands local culture, market landscape and buying behaviour. Successful candidate must be fluent in both English and Mandarin. The role will be based in Shanghai.
YOU WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Be instrumental in creating and implementing the strategy for entering into a new market and driving business growth.
- Responsible for all business financial operations, process, team structure and strategic planning for clients. Working with the General Manager, APAC, you will formulate a clear business plan, incorporating business and market insights, analysis, budgeting and operational planning.
- Build Appnovation’s Mainland China presence from the ground up, working closely with the General Manager, APAC and the global leadership team to position Appnovation in Mainland China as a leading player within the Digital Consultancy space.
- Input into strategic decisions such as customer prioritization, positioning and project delivery, and align with the region and global teams to ensure consistency across the group.
- Drive the development and execution of business operating models to achieve sales revenue, delivery margin target and employee retention.
- You will have ownership for hiring and building your team, responsible for their training, development and mentorship, along with support from our global P&C and L&D teams.
- Maintain strong personal involvement in all significant local selling and delivery opportunities.
- You will be required to be hands on in business development and pitching, leading by example on how to nurture and build relationships and manage and close deals.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the digital services and digital solutions space
- 15+ years of experience in a full service digital agency or consultancy, with 8+ years in management roles, in Mainland China, working with both local and international clients.
- Have an established network of contacts and potential clienteles in Mainland China, with a deep understanding of the local market.
- Experience in both “corporate” and “start-up” environment, who thrives in a start-up environment
- Extensive experience in selling and delivering complex consulting services solutions to solve business problems through human-centred design approach.
- Success in building, leading and retaining high performing teams.
- Ability to plan and manage both at strategic and operational level.
- Proven business acumen relating to budgeting and forecasting.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and building a foundation in a new market
- Fluent in BOTH Mandarin and English and exceptional communication and presentation skills