Appnovation is a global full-service digital consultancy. We help businesses advance and inspire, create positive transformation, and champion digital innovation. At Appnovation, we seamlessly integrate strategy, user experience, development, deployment, training and support. Appnovation. Inspiring Possibility. Learn more at appnovation.com.
We are seeking an experienced Strategy Director to play a key role on our Strategy team, providing thought-leadership and strategic direction to a portfolio of regional accounts, as well as being an integral partner to our clients and internal teams alike. The successful candidate will have a proven track record for developing world-class customer experience (CX), digital platform, and digital business transformation strategies across a breadth of business verticals. We are looking for an individual with strong leadership skills who is adept at uncovering opportunities and problem solving in a collaborative, open-minded, fast-
This individual will report directly to our Vice President, Strategy, Americas.
YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
Research & Insight
- Lead primary research initiatives in collaboration with external partners including attitudinal/behavioural studies, ethnographic studies, and usability testing
- Conduct and provide direction for secondary research efforts
- Distill vast amounts of information into a compelling and insightful narrative
Strategy Development & Planning
- Apply consistent rigor to the strategic discovery and define process, developing customer-first strategies across a breadth of business challenges
- Partner with key clients to frame opportunities based on a deep understanding of their customers’ motivations, behaviours, and needs as well as the overall business landscape
- Establish clear and unified strategic direction for data science & analytics, experience design, creative, and tech development
- Customer Experience (CX) journey development and ecosystem mapping
- Lead and conduct digital business transformation roadmapping and prioritization
- Business design including organizational analysis, process definition, and digital enablement
- Workshop facilitation; stakeholder interviews; research moderation
- Brand positioning and value proposition development
- Measurement planning and data analysis
- Create and share thought-leadership pieces for internal and external audiences
- Experience developing integrated and digital marketing strategies including social media, content, CRM, SEO, etc is an asset
Relationship Management & Leadership
- Manage and provide guidance to at least one direct report, aiding their professional development.
- Develop strong, trusted partnerships with cross-disciplinary internal and client teams
- Commitment to our clients’ business through inspiration, education, and perspective
WHO YOU ARE
- Natural Curiosity – Thrives on getting immersed in both familiar and unfamiliar topics and categories; stays on top of current and future trends.
- Empathetic – Has innate interest, understanding, and observation skills when it comes to people and human nature.
- Digitally Savvy – Enthused by popular and emerging digital technologies; comfortable speaking to digitally-savvy audiences.
- Creative Thinker – a visionary with the ability to be both inventive and inspiring
- Adaptable & Results-Oriented – A commitment to excellence; ability to managing multiple initiatives across a breadth of business challenges and verticals with varying timelines and complexity.
- Communicative – Excellent communication, presentation & speaking skills; comfortable speaking in front of both client and industry audiences (conferences, etc).
- Team Player/Mentoring – willingness to share insight/perspective, discuss challenges, and help grow other members of the team.
- Collaborative Self-Starter – Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams with an openness to others’ opinions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a discipline such as Marketing, Business, Design Thinking, or a related field.
- Minimum 10 years experience
- Agency/Consultancy experience is preferred
- Health/Pharma experience is an asset, but not required
Thank you for your interest in a career with Appnovation Technologies!
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Appnovation Technologies is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated equally.