Apollo.io combines a buyer database of over 250M contacts and powerful sales engagement and automation tools in one, easy to use platform. Trusted by over 160,000 companies including Autodesk, Rippling, Deel, Jasper.ai, Divvy, and Heap, Apollo has more than one million users globally. By helping sales professionals find their ideal buyers and intelligently automate outreach, Apollo helps go-to-market teams sell anything.
In the last year, we’ve grown ARR 3x, quadrupled our active users, and closed a $110M Series C led by Sequoia Capital in March of 2022. This year, we continue to grow faster each month with record months of sales and added ARR. We hope you apply.
Working at Apollo
We are a remote-first inclusive organization focused on operational excellence. Our way of working ensures clear expectations and an environment to do your best work with ample reward.
Your Role & Mission:
As the Staff DevOps Engineer, this role will have direct input into how we scale, secure, and monitor our systems and services throughout the entire organization. You will work on our Infrastructure team made up of experienced Systems Engineers with a diverse background and collaboratively build upon our cutting-edge infrastructure platform. Apollo Engineering strongly believes in allowing team members to take ownership of what they do, and our approach to problem-solving relies heavily upon creativity, communication, and collaboration.
Daily Adventures & Responsibilities:
As the Staff DevOps Engineer, you will work on:
- Infrastructure Ownership
- GCP support, operation, scale, and architect ensure high availability of all systems
- High availability of production systems, and a highly visible and measurable environment
- Automating and streamlining standard infrastructure operations.
- Provisioning IAM Users, Roles and Permissions
- Dynamic Secrets Injection and Application Secrets Management
- GKE Cluster provisioning, maintenance and upgrades.
- Proficiency in Auto Scaling techniques and Deployment strategies for high availability and self-healing infrastructure.
- Database support with MongoDB, ElasticSearch, RedisCache.
- Making high-level decisions on technologies we use to create and deploy our applications.
- Internal Tools Ownership
- Terraform and Packer automation
- Ansible support and improvements to automation
- Github Actions CI & ArgoCD
- Code Deployment Pipelines - creation, operation, and upgrades.
- Kubernetes Cluster Provisioning and Operations (multi cluster, 100+nodes per cluster)
- Hashicorp Vault
- Monitoring systems implementation and support, expanding to provide a comprehensive monitoring solution, At a Glance system statuses.
- Supporting engineers on internal tools, systems, and processes.
- Project Tasks
- Task prioritization.
- Task and project level estimation.
- Use of modern project management software such as JIRA to organize epics, stories and tickets and track progress.
- Requirements gathering required for projects.
- Breaking larger tasks down into smaller tasks and identifying the order in which they should be completed.
- Using agile project management techniques like stand-ups and weekly sprint planning.
- Network Configuration and Support
- GCP Networking, Firewalls, Load Balancers, Virtual Private Clouds, etc ..
- API Gateway and Kubernetes Ingress Controllers
- Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Communicate technical ideas to software developers in written and verbal formats.
- Prioritize cross-functional requests against each other and planned Dev Ops work
- Communicate the team’s progress on key projects and metrics to engineering management.
- 12 Factor Application Design
Experience required to apply for this role:
- 3+ years of experience working in a production environment
- Strong background in Linux / Unix
- Experience with Google Cloud or AWS
- Strong experience with configuration management & automation (Ansible, Terraform)
- Familiarity with Linux Containers and Virtualization (Docker)
- Experience working with Kubernetes
- Knowledgeable in networking protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, TLS, IPSEC, etc.)
- Modern CI / CD technologies and techniques
- Familiarity with a modern scripting programming language such as Python, GO, or Ruby
- Experience validating and deploying software to cloud infrastructure, including running unit tests, producing build artifacts, and running end to end tests
- Experience with GCP, preferably with multiple GCP services
- Knowledge of microservices architecture
- General experience with NoSQL, RDBMS (Access Control, Admin, Tuning, etc.)
What You’ll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees’ careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!