Apollo.io is the leading go-to-market solution for revenue teams, trusted by over 500,000 companies and millions of users globally, from rapidly growing startups to some of the world's largest enterprises. Apollo.io provides sales and marketing teams with easy access to verified contact data for over 270 million B2B contacts, along with tools to engage and convert these contacts in one unified platform. By helping revenue professionals find the most accurate contact information and automating the outreach process, Apollo.io turns prospects into customers. Apollo raised a series D in 2023 and is backed by top-tier investors, including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and more, and counts the former President and COO of Hubspot, JD Sherman, among its board members. Apollo.io is growing rapidly, with 900% revenue growth since 2021, and is looking for world-class talent to keep building with us.
Your Role & Mission
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will be a critical part of our growing company, working on a cross-functional team to implement and drive best practices in technology, architecture, and process. You'll have the chance to work in an open and collaborative environment, receive and give hands-on mentorship and have opportunities to grow and accelerate your career. You love both learning and teaching. In this role, you will be interfacing with product, design, software engineers, and members in teams outside of Engineering. You enjoy working cross functionally to solve hard problems and make an impact. At Apollo, you strive for quality, and are obsessed with improving quality, automation, and squashing any bugs that sneak through. You have a drive to constantly investigate performance improvements and innovative ideas.
Our tech stack is React/Redux/NodeJS on the frontend, Ruby/Ruby on Rails/MongoDB/Elasticsearch on the backend, and Kubernetes/Docker/Ansible/Terraform in infrastructure.
Daily Adventures and Responsibilities
- Work closely with product, design and engineering team to design and contribute to core product initiatives.
- Produce "clean" and well-structured code, with detailed specifications. This means that your code is commented, well structure, readable and comes with documentation;
- Implement "pixel perfect" design as delivered by our designers that works across different browsers, according to specifications provided
- Help maintain code quality, organization, automation and continuous delivery
- Effectively communicate development progress or blockers to the product lead, engineering manager, and other stakeholders
- Work effectively as part of a large global team
- Attend and engage in stand-ups, team meetings, and manager 1:1s
- Provide and receive constructive feedback and praise to co-workers in verbal and written form; respond and react to technical and behavior feedback from managers and peers
- Proactively acts without being told what to do. Able to identify areas of improvement and driving best practices to deliver high quality, performant, and scalable solutions.
- Ability to take ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code "released" until you’re confident it’s correct
- You usually communicate effectively, clearly, concisely and in an audience-oriented way in written and verbal form both technical and non technical subjects, to your teammates. You actively listen to others and ensures they are understood. You pay attention to nonverbal communication.
- You help your teammates overcome obstacles, resolve blockers, and complete work tasks. You give or share credit where due.
- You deliver praise and constructive feedback to your team, teammates, and manager in a useful manner.
- You actively seek out feedback from your teammates and manager, and works to use feedback that you receive as a tool for growth.
- Confident in owning your role, and bringing creative ideas to the hands of our users
Skills & Relevant Experience
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience in frontend development, developing large-scale applications
- Strong attention to the detail
- Understanding of REST APIs
- Experience with Cypress in writing meaningful tests
- Interest in building UI with performance, accessibility and scalability in mind
- Strong UX and product sense with the ability to negotiate the right MVP
- Your code is comprehensible, well-structured, highly performant
What You’ll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees’ careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!