Amplitude’s Commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI): Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.
About The Role & Team
We're looking for a Staff Software Engineer to help build out our Marketing Analytics infrastructure and aren't afraid to tackle big challenges in a fast growing data company. Our engineers are leading the efforts to drive our large scale distributed systems to the 10x level while making innovations to our industry leading analytics capabilities. As a Staff member of the Marketing Analytics team, you will be leading efforts that covers the full software development life cycle of the underlying distributed systems that power our core analytics product. Our systems are based on the modern cloud stack e.g. AWS S3, DynamoDB, Redis/ElastiCache, Kafka, Kubernetes, Terraform, Java, Python. You will be collaborating and sharing your ideas with a group of similarly innovative and curious engineers.
Amplitude’s mission is to be the operating system for digital business. At its core, Amplitude provides a new window into digital customer behavior that helps businesses answer the question: “Where do we place our digital bets to maximize growth?” We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership of our contributions, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.This individual will partner closely with fellow leaders in Design, Product and Go-To-Market to craft a product vision and strategy for us to deliver a best in class marketing analytics product. This position requires a product leader comfortable with complex technical domains, who is able to shepherd an early stage product and bring it to market.
Check out our engineering blog to learn more.
- Technical lead for projects/features that have high business impact
- Contribute to the technical direction of the team, product, and systems
- Lead performance optimization and scaling efforts
- Take product ideas from ideation to implementation
- Develop components and services that expand the capabilities of our analytics product
- Participate and collaborate with Product and Design Team to iterate on our product
- Lead engineering discussions and mentor others on engineering best practices
- Mentor and contribute to the success of junior engineers
Skills and Experience
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or another technical field
- 7+ years of industry experience in a Software Engineering role
- Strong foundation in programming, data structures, algorithms, and software application design
- Passionate about solving challenging problems and iterating quickly
- Experience with Java or Python is a plus
- Previous experience in distributed systems, data processing and analytics is a plus
- Technical leadership of an engineering team is a plus
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, a generous parental leave, a subscription to Modern Health, and a generous Learning & Development stipend.
The Product: Amplitude is a digital optimization system – we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and ultimately grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to expand: a platform that empowers companies to thrive in the digital era.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech company to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude went public via a direct listing in September 2021 and is now trading under the ticker AMPL.
- Amplitude is the #1 product analytics solution according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Benchmark Capital, Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We’re a global and fast-growing team! We’ve hired more than 300 people in 2021 and have operations in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.