Amplitude is a leading digital analytics platform that helps companies unlock the power of their products. More than 2,300 customers, including Atlassian, Jersey Mike’s, NBCUniversal, Shopify, and Under Armour, rely on Amplitude to gain self-service visibility into the entire customer journey. Amplitude guides companies every step of the way as they capture data they can trust, uncover clear insights about customer behavior, and take faster action. When teams understand how people are using their products, they can deliver better product experiences that drive growth.
As an organization, we approach challenges with humility, take ownership of our contributions, and embrace a growth mindset that pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
Amplitude’s Commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI): Amplitude believes that diversity enables the creation of better products, improves the ability to solve complex problems, and drives more powerful solutions. We strive to create an environment of inclusion—one focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection—that will allow employees of all backgrounds to thrive.
About The Role & Team
We're looking for a Full-stack Software Engineer with front-end focus to help build out our data collection and processing system and integrate it with our data product. As a member of the Data Pipeline team, you will be responsible for designing, building, and deploying the features and scaling underlying distributed systems that power our core analytics product by processing more than 1 trillion impressions per month. We believe in the opportunity of making the ingestion system a product to give customers more power and improve data quality, such as self service and high flexibility and configurability pipelines, and you will play a critical role to lead this effort.
In this role, you will get to solve hardcore Infrastructure challenges like designing for extreme throughput and high flexibility, building resilient and maintainable systems to achieve close to zero downtime. You will also get to interact with everything from our in-house highly available data collection and real time data processing pipeline to our products used by many customers to improve their own products. In Amplitude, you will get to closely work with Product and Customers to define the strategy and roadmap for our product and new features.
Our product sits on top of many modern technologies, including React + Redux, CSS Modules, GraphQL, Kafka, Redis/Elasticache, Amazon S3, DynamoDB, Kubernetes, Terraform. You will share your ideas with a group of similarly innovative and curious engineers.
- Drive and lead projects, from ideation and implementation, through to launch.
- Collaborate with infra engineers and with product and design teams to iterate on our product and internal tools.
- Work across our entire stack using Typescript, React + Redux, CSS Modules, GraphQL, Node, Python, Postgres, and MySQL
- Integrate with backend services and improve our API infrastructure built with Python, Java, Node, GraphQL and Postgres.
- Lead engineering discussions and drive engineering best practices.
- Mentor and contribute to the success of junior engineers and other team members.
Skills and Experience
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or another related technical field.
- 7+ years of experience working as a full-stack engineer with a front-end focus.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and actively collaborate with other teams to deliver values to customers.
- Technical leadership in your current team. Other team members seek you out for advice.
- Passionate about data processing is a huge plus.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
The Product: Amplitude is a digital analytics platform—we help companies capture data they can trust, uncover clear insights about customer behavior, and take faster action. This empowers teams to build better product experiences that drive business growth. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to expand: a platform that empowers companies to thrive in the digital era.
We care about the well-being of our team: We offer competitive pay and benefits packages that reflect our commitment to the health and wellbeing of our Ampliteers.
Some of our benefit programs include:
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision insurance coverages, with 100% employer-paid premiums for employee Medical, Dental, Vision on select plans
- Flexible time off, paid holidays, and more
- Generous stipends to spend on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness (monthly), learning and development (annual), commuter transit/parking (monthly), home office equipment (annual), and much more
- Excellent Parental benefits including: 12-20 weeks of Paid Parental Leave, Carrot Fertility Benefits/Adoption/Surrogacy support, Back-up Child Care support
- Mental health and wellness benefits including no cost employee access to Modern Health coaching & therapy Sessions and high quality physician office experience via One Medical membership (select U.S. locations only)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- G2: #1 product analytics solution and #3 best software product according to the 2022 G2 Best Software report.
- Business Insider: A top tech company to bet your career on.
- Fast Company: #3 most innovative enterprise company in the world.
- Amplitude went public via a direct listing in September 2021 and is now trading under the ticker AMPL.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Benchmark Capital, Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We’re a global and fast-growing team! We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Vancouver, Amsterdam, London, Paris, Singapore, and employees around the world.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
By applying for this job, you acknowledge that Amplitude processes your personal data in accordance with the Amplitude Applicant Privacy Notice.