About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s Revenue Strategy and Operations team is helping to plan for, manage, and support a rapidly growing field organization. We are building a high-performing and highly cross functional team to support and enable our success in the Field. We are a data driven team that partners with regional and functional field leaders to design our policies, processes, and investment strategies as we build and evolve for scale. You’ll build the strategy, process, and operational cadence for how we lead our go to market efforts across EMEA. In doing so, you’ll help determine where to invest, how to evolve our coverage model, and what future investments are needed to accelerate our growth across the region. You’ll lead strategic initiatives that increase field productivity and customer retention / expansion. Handling everything from thought partnership, customer acquisition / retention / expansion strategy, territory carving, compensation design, to forecasting. You will be the go-to thought partner for the VP of EMEA and the EMEA Sales Leadership Team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
As the Head of EMEA Sales Strategy & Operations, you will:
- Provide strategic and operational support to the EMEA Leadership team
- Drive and support semi-annual GTM planning, which includes organizational design, headcount allocation and prioritization, territory design, and account strategy
- Partner with the GTM Leadership team across Customer Success, Marketing, and Sales Development to develop growth plans for new geographies and market segments
- Improve forecast accuracy by providing data driven guidance combined with a qualitative assessment
- Help oversee, prepare, and organize regional quarterly business reviews. This includes crafting the agenda, building narratives, creating talk tracks, and analyzing key performance indicators needed for attendees to present an assessment of their business.
- Implement early warning systems to help actively manage the growth of the business (i.e. qualified pipeline, funnel activity, sales performance/execution, forecasting, etc.)
- Lead discussions around weekly and monthly KPIs including leading and lagging indicators for sales pipeline, sales activities, sales execution (win rates / sales cycle)
- Conduct data-driven analysis to understand growth drivers and provide recommendations to the broader organization about future opportunities
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- Experience with innovative, high performing, and fast paced revenue organizations at a high-growth enterprise B2B SaaS company
- Strong executive presence and an ability to communicate effectively with your peers, senior field leadership, and executive team
- A track record of lifting up the people around you
- Thinking about the bigger picture of how the EMEA team can fuel future growth and operate efficiently and effectively
- Worked closely with an EMEA Sales Leadership team and collaborated with cross-functional teams
At minimum, you should have:
- 7+ years of experience in a strategy and operations role supporting sales
- Ability to partner with executives and manage multiple stakeholders cross functionally
- Proficient in Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel (e.g. should know commonly-used functions such as INDEX(MATCH), VLOOKUP, COUNTIFS, SUMIFS, Pivot Tables)
- Knowledge/experience with Salesforce.com is required
- Self-starter mentality with a high degree of follow through; can own and take tasks through to completion
- BA or BS from an accredited university preferred
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech company to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude had it’s public market debut on the Nasdaq in September 2021.
- Amplitude is one of the best software products on the market according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- 26 of the Fortune 100 are customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, NBC Universal, Hubspot, PayPal and Walmart.
- We have operations in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.