About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s mission is to help companies build better products. By building best-in-class teams, we create best-in-class products that customers love. We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership over our work, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers.
As a Sr. Product Operations Manager focused on Technical Program Management, you will work closely with the Head of Product Operations, the Product Development Leadership Team, Engineers and Product Managers to drive highly strategic, technical initiatives across our Product Development team. You will also build-out the Product Program Management function from 0 to 1.
As a Sr. Product Operations Manager, you will:
- Drive key technical cross-functional and inter-departmental programs
- Shape the Program Management function within Product Development at Amplitude
- Own and operationalize new cross-functional product processes that help drive alignment and deliver value to the business and to customers
- Operationalize improvements for how the product development team builds and ships products
- Strategize and optimize how our product teams operate by supporting Product Leaders and Product Managers with analyses and process improvements
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- You have 7+ years of experience including time tech as a TPM, in consulting or in similar fields
- You have worked closely with a product team before and have implemented processes that improved how they build and ship products
- You have driven technical, complex cross-functional initiatives involving multiple stakeholders to success
- You are nimble and resourceful; you can just as easily complete an ad-hoc request from Support or Sales as you can execute a recurring product process
- You have facilitated executive workshops that have driven key outcomes
- You can solve a problem by getting deep in the weeds, but you can also zoom out and see the bigger picture
- You are humble, positive and customer-obsessed
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, and Paris.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.