About The Role & Team
Amplitude is the digital optimization system for helping companies build better products. Our stellar teams create best-in-class self-serve (no-code) software products that customers love, including Amplitude Analytics, the #1 rated digital product analytics suite, and Amplitude Recommend, the first truly self-serve personalization engine that combines product analytics and automated machine learning. Our platform offers state of the art user behavior data monitoring and analytics techniques, empowering 45000+ digital products, reaching a scale that only a handful of companies globally can reach.
The Data Science and Machine Learning team enables Amplitude to incorporate sophisticated machine learning and data mining solutions into our systems to allow our customers to better understand their users’ behaviors, and thus improve user engagement and business outcomes.
We are now looking for a top machine learning talent to join us in developing next generation machine learning technologies for product analytics and recommendation that will have a profound impact on hundreds of thousands digital businesses. For this particular role, you will be working with a team on sequential user behavior data based product relevance scoring, ranking, and recommendation.
As a Senior Machine Learning Scientist you will:
- Implementing machine learning and data mining algorithms on distributed platforms to solve real-world product analytics, user behavior modeling problems, and product recommendation problems.
- Designing new algorithms to find predictive patterns that combine heterogeneous data assets, including sequential user events data, unstructured text, and knowledge graph.
- Automating machine learning algorithms within the production environment.
- Working with engineering teams to support machine-learning algorithms in big data platforms. Supporting customized projects by designing and implementing algorithms and statistical mining in internal systems for authoring, training, and shipping models.
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- A master or Ph.D. degree in computer science or related areas with extensive research/project experience in machine learning, artificial intelligence, data mining, optimization, natural language processing, etc.
- An in-depth understanding of machine learning algorithms and modeling (supervised learning, semi-supervised or unsupervised learning including generative models, transfer learning, optimization, probabilistic graphical models, etc.)
- Track record in developing machine learning solutions using massive real-world data for solving real world business problems.
- Strong coding skills in Python with additional experience in Java and Scala.
- In depth experience with Spark/Hadoop and either PyTorch/Tensorflow
- Experience creating production environment data analytics and applications.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech startup to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude had a record year of growth in 2020 and grew employee headcount by 24%.
- Amplitude is one of the best software products on the market according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, GIC, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We recently raised our Series F funding ($150M) led by Sequoia Capital, and crossed into the 4 x Unicorn status with a valuation of $4BN.
- More than 1,200 customers, including 26 of the Fortune 100.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris, and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.