About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s Go to Market Strategy and Operations team is helping to plan for, manage, and support a rapidly growing field organization. We are building a high-performing and highly cross functional team to support and enable our success in the Field. We are a data driven team that partners with regional and functional field leaders to design our policies, processes, and investment strategies as we build and evolve for scale. The GTM Technology & Operations function at Amplitude acts as a liaison between our Business Systems delivery team, our Rev Ops Strategy Partners and Corporate Sales Strategy team, and GTM leadership across all functions, regions, and segments. The team also plays a critical role in managing the integrity of data contents within our CRM system, which is the backbone of all sales activities. The team will drive account related data acquisition / management strategy & ops and work closely with all field leaders to meet our go-to market objectives.
As the Head of Technology and Operations, you will:
Sales System Architecture
- Drive the vision, scope, and strategy of the sales and system roadmap. Own the development of our roadmap and business requirements by proactively seeking out inefficiencies to recommend solutions and actions.
- Identify and recommend areas within a customer’s journey from marketing to sales to post-sales processes that can be improved via systems enhancements and automation.
- Partners with business stakeholders to analyze, define and document business requirements, within and across functional areas
- Improve internal RevOps processes from a tools perspective such as capacity planning, territory management, order operations, and the quote to cash process.
Vendors / Implementation
- Keeps up to date with industry trends and vendor capabilities to produce robust functional designs
- Collaborates with the Business Systems team on release scope and schedule in line with business goal, prioritization and IT capacity
- Coordinates integration testing, validates test cases with stakeholders for user acceptance testing and training, and obtains sign-offs
- Lead the vendor & application technology evaluation. Participates in vendor advisory council
Data Quality / Augmentation
- Maintain and evolve data quality and acquisition strategies and identify opportunities to improve business processes, in parallel to executing hands on operations
- Coordinate and manage the process of augmenting our database of accounts, contacts, and leads with a large focus on our EMEA/APAC regions.
- Develop data quality centric dashboards and KPI’s
Lead Routing / Account Assignment
- Build and enhance the lead routing process to ensure the Sales Development and Sales team can efficiently convert leads to opportunities.
- Be the point of contact and lead resolutions among sales teams, related internal stakeholder teams, and outside vendor for lead routing and territory related queries and issues
- Establish SFDC ticket queue system that allows for tracking against internal SLAs
- Run and build out our intern program related to territory management including improving our data quality efforts
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- Experience with innovative, high performing, and fast paced revenue organizations at a high-growth enterprise B2B SaaS company
- Strong executive presence and an ability to communicate effectively with your peers, senior field leadership, and executive team
- A track record of lifting up the people around you
- Thinking about the bigger picture of how we can leverage tech stack to fuel future growth and operate efficiently and effectively
At minimum, you should have:
- 8+ years of experience in a technical operations role supporting the entire Field (Sales, Customer Success, Solution Consulting, Sales Development, Partners, Revenue Operations)
- Ability to partner with executives and manage multiple stakeholders cross functionally
- Ability to connect business requirements to functional application capabilities quickly and assess the appropriate relevance of incorporating different product technologies to business problems; ability to learn new applications and technologies.
- Experience working with both business and technical teams, coordinating solution design, development/configuration, and deployment across multi-dimensional teams.
- Proven ability to coordinate a diverse set of business users to develop cohesive and streamlined requirements, documentation, and user acceptance criteria.
- Excellent team player able to work within a global operating model, including virtual and distributed cross-functional teams, with the flexibility to work across different time zones.
- Salesforce Administrator Certification.
- BA or BS from an accredited university preferred
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options. And when our offices are open, we offer delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, and commuting benefits.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Amplitude powers digital upstarts like Calm and Peloton and technology leaders like Microsoft and Paypal, but also 100+ year old companies like Ford, as they rethink their digital revenue strategy.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech startup to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude had a record year of growth in 2020 and grew employee headcount by 24%.
- Amplitude is one of the best software products on the market according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, GIC, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We recently raised our Series F funding ($150M) led by Sequoia Capital, and crossed into the 4 x Unicorn status with a valuation of $4BN.
- More than 1,200 customers, including 26 of the Fortune 100.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris, and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.