About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s mission is to be the operating system for digital business. At its core, Amplitude provides a new window into digital customer behavior that helps businesses answer the question: “Where do we place our digital bets to maximize growth?” We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership of our contributions, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
The Director of Corporate & Strategic Events will be responsible for building a world-class strategic events function and delivering industry-leading events at Amplitude. They care deeply about creating brand experiences and building the future of branded events. They will report to the Vice President of Corporate Marketing and Communications and partner closely with teams from around the company to build brand-defining experiences for our internal and external audiences. You’ll drive the vision, strategy and roadmap and delivery of external and internal corporate and strategic events partnering closely with stakeholders across the business. Strategic events include both internal and customer-facing events, including but not limited to our company kick off, customer advisory boards and executive summits, and Amplify our annual user conference.
As the Director of Corporate & Strategic Events you will:
- Drive internal and external corporate event strategy, production, roadmaps, project management and budgets
- Manage and execute the delivery and experience of strategic in-person and virtual events for customers, prospects, and employees
- Set business and performance strategic event targets and achieve them
- Present, promote and drive executive buy-in for decisions internally and externally, keep teams and executives informed and updated regularly
- Oversee event logistics, including space allocation, minimizing risk, technology staffing, swag, signage and communications
- Have deep relationships with and partner with best-in-class agencies
- Bring creativity and innovation to the Amplitude brand experience to engender advocacy from employees, customers, partners and other stakeholders
- Bring excellence in project management to ensure all milestones are achieved on time and on budget before, during and after the event.
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- Look at events as a way to deliver unique experiences and brand-defining moments.
- 10+ years of experience leading enterprise/technology/SaaS strategic events
- Strong communication and presentation skills and the ability to work with C-suite executives to produce and deliver world-class events
- Love for and understanding of event content and ability to identify the right partners for content direction and development
- Data-driven mindset to focus on setting goals, measuring KPIs, communicating milestones along the way and collaborating to showcase the outcomes of each event to stakeholders
- Experience working in both digital and in-person event environments, with in-depth knowledge in managing internal and external production teams
- Expertise managing agency coordination, vendor RFP and management, budget tracking, deliver excellent internal tech enablement
- Leadership and execution capability for end-to-end event planning
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options. And when our offices are open, we offer delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, and commuting benefits.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Amplitude powers digital upstarts like Calm and Peloton and technology leaders like Paypal, but also 100+ year old companies like Ford, as they rethink their digital revenue strategy.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech startup to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude had a record year of growth in 2020 and grew employee headcount by 24%.
- Amplitude is one of the best software products on the market according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, GIC, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We recently raised our Series F funding ($150M) led by Sequoia Capital, and crossed into the 4 x Unicorn status with a valuation of $4BN.
- More than 1,200 customers, including 26 of the Fortune 100.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris, and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.