About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s mission is to be the operating system for digital business. At its core, Amplitude provides a new window into digital customer behavior that helps businesses answer the question: “Where do we place our digital bets to improve growth?” We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership of our contributions, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
Do you want to join a dynamic and creative team? Do you love to help people to learn new tools and systems? Amplitude’s Customer Education is looking for a Learning Experience Designer. You’ll be part of and can help shape an energetic team that will play a key role in Amplitude’s growth and our customers’ long-term success. Learn more below!
As a Learning Experience Designer, you will:
- Work with partners across the company to define training requirements, learning goals and user needs
- Craft and build content curricula and learning experiences in different formats (online learning, video, live training materials, etc.), using/working within the constraints of different templates and business requirements
- Solicit reviews from partners and SMEs, and review others’ content for effectiveness
- Keep up with the changes in your assigned product area, experiment with new content or formats, and maintain content at frequent intervals
- Define and write engaging and effective assessments
- Partner with SMEs and your Education teammates to acquire product knowledge, share standard methodologies, and produce excellent content
You'll be a phenomenal addition to the team if you have:
- Knowledge of Instructional Design standard methodologies and you have proven ability to craft learning content that is effective and engaging
- You have the ability to communicate abstract or technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences (visually and in writing).
- Ability to identify the best learning delivery formats (e.g., online learning, assessments, ILT) for a specific set of objectives and you’re able to craft and build to those formats
- Collaboration skills and the ability to work within predefined templates and style guidelines
- Attention to design aesthetics and visual detail. If you have graphic or visual design experience, that’s a plus!
- Knowledge of key collaboration and/or creation tools such as: Captivate or Articulate, Camtasia, Miro, Adobe Suite, Zoom
- 2+ years learning design or instructional design experience in a software/Saas setting
- Experience developing technical training for developers could also be a plus.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options. And when our offices are open, we offer delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, and commuting benefits.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Amplitude powers digital upstarts like Calm and Peloton and technology leaders like Microsoft and Paypal, but also 100+ year old companies like Ford, as they rethink their digital revenue strategy.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech startup to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude had a record year of growth in 2020 and grew employee headcount by 24%.
- Amplitude is one of the best software products on the market according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, GIC, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We recently raised our Series F funding ($150M) led by Sequoia Capital, and crossed into the 4 x Unicorn status with a valuation of $4BN.
- More than 1,200 customers, including 26 of the Fortune 100.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris, and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.