About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s mission is to be the operating system for digital business. At its core, Amplitude provides a new window into digital customer behavior that helps businesses answer the question: “Where do we place our digital bets to maximize growth?” We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership of our contributions, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
We are looking to hire an amazing Sales Leader to help us build and grow our Enterprise Sales team in the Northeast. This person will be responsible for helping us hire, onboard, and manage the next wave of Enterprise sellers across the North Eastern US. This leader will also help us establish and drive success across our Enterprise Sales team as we build out our Field team over the course of 2021 and beyond.
As a Regional Sales Director, you will:
- Hire, onboard and train new Enterprise AE's and coach them on best practices in selling Amplitude.
- Understand the core metrics of the Northeast Enterprise business and use them to forecast the performance of the team.
- Support in executing key deals via onsite and remote engagement with customers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure field marketing, product marketing, demand generation, and sales engineering to ensure resources are allocated appropriately.
- Plan and communicate the path to growth for the Northeast region over the next 18-24 months.
You'll be a great addition to the team if you are:
- You’re data-driven and use metrics to understand how to coach and manage the qualitative elements of the business
- You love hiring and recruiting the best possible talent and you’re passionate about building a world-class Enterprise sales team.
- You have a playbook for executing complex Enterprise deals and you know when to leverage it and when to leave it behind.
- You’re passionate about getting hands-on with your team to drive their success.
- You enjoy helping scale a high-performance Enterprise business and helping identify & tackle the things we need to help 2x the team’s revenue over the next 12 months.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, a 12-week parental leave and a generous Learning & Development stipend. And when our offices are open, we offer delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, and commuting benefits.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Amplitude powers digital upstarts like Calm and Peloton and technology leaders like Microsoft and Paypal, but also 100+ year old companies like Ford, as they rethink their digital revenue strategy.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech startup to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude had a record year of growth in 2020 and grew employee headcount by 24%.
- Amplitude is one of the best software products on the market according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, GIC, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We recently raised our Series F funding ($150M) led by Sequoia Capital, and crossed into the 4 x Unicorn status with a valuation of $4BN.
- More than 1,200 customers, including 26 of the Fortune 100.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris, and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.