About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s mission is to help companies build better products. By building best-in-class teams, we create best-in-class products that customers love. We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership over our work, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers.
Amplitude is looking for a visionary growth product leader who can help write the playbook for enterprise SaaS Growth. This role is crucial in accelerating Amplitude’s success by leveraging product, data and engineering to drive scalable, consistent and measurable growth.
Growth Pillar at Amplitude is a unique opportunity because we are creating a new category, Digital Optimization System, in an exploding market. As a Senior Product Manager, Growth, you will collaborate with a smart, rapidly growing team to drive product-led growth for our core Analytics product and work across all types of growth surface areas (activation, engagement, free to paid monetization) across the entire customer lifecycle.
What does this team do?
The Growth Engineering team is dedicated to applying product, engineering, and data to keep Amplitude growing as fast as possible. To scalably grow Amplitude, we build features, infrastructure, and experiments that maximize growth. We help new/returning/dormant users discover, activate their core use cases and build a habit. Deepen their engagement through discovery of relevant features and expand what they can do with Amplitude over time.
Our work ranges from iterating on our core user experience across our entire stack to improve free to paid conversion. We own the user lifecycle and drive multi-product acquisition, activation, and retention.
What will you do?
You will be building software to help drive double-digit growth month-over-month. How you do that is up to you and your team - as long as you can measure and backup your results.
We focus on building quantifiably high impact features through prototyping and experimentation. It is your responsibility to define the problem, prioritize effectively and drive results.
In this role your main responsibilities may inclue:
- Own product-led growth end-to-end for our core Analytics product: creating the vision, setting strategic direction, and successfully delivering key product outcomes
- Drive growth in the Enterprise segment by partnering closely with Marketing, Sales, and many other teams
- Be a partner with engineering, design, marketing, sales, and customer success teams to build solutions that increase customer satisfaction and grow our business
- Participate in research and testing (we spend lots of time talking directly to our customers!) to understand customer pain and identify opportunities for improvement
- Use product analytics to understand how our customers use our platform, and help guide decisions on future improvements and optimizations we can make
We think you’d be a great fit if you:
Embrace the customer as part of the team. We believe you don’t build what the customer wants, but what the customer wants to become. To create that future, you first have to be an expert in the problem. You interact with customers directly - proxies don’t work - so you always gather first-hand feedback. If you don’t define the problem correctly, everything else is useless.
Empower everyone to be a leader. We believe teams closest to the problem are best suited to make the hard decisions quickly. We don’t institute stage gates for a reason - you are given autonomy to ensure we are always progressing forward. However, no individual alone is responsible for making every decision. To be a leader means regularly seeking out the opinions of others and giving everyone a stake in the outcome.
Inspire through storytelling. We believe it is our responsibility to motivate through memorable stories that build a deep understanding of our users' experience. You should tell stories to communicate strategy and inspire the outcomes we want to create for our customers. Building a product is about envisioning some future state, and stories can help people relate to where we are and where we are going.
Learn through frequent iteration. We believe that rapid iteration is the #1 indicator of success. You strive for a 10x vision, but you get there through 0.1 iterations. To continuously learn, you have to co-develop with customers. It may be faster to build behind closed doors, but by testing “skateboards” you can learn if you’re on the right path and gain the confidence needed to build a world-class experience.
- 3+ years of experience working as a product manager
- 1 + year of experience on a growth team or product development team that is metrics driven
- Experience A/B testing
- Experience analyzing user behavior and measuring impact of experiments on business outcomes; strong analytics skills (SQL & Python preferred)
- Real passion for solving challenging problems and iterating quickly
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Growth mindset, humility, and the burning desire to own your domain and your work
- Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement of code, systems, and processes through analysis and metrics
You'll be a great addition to the team if:
- You have experience on a growth or product development team shipping innovative features and services with quantifiable impact
- Are excited about driving business outcomes while solving user pain points and know how to find the right balance
- Are a system driven thinker with a passion for creating compounding, focused, and adaptable growth strategy
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Understand why prioritization seperates good product development teams from great product development team and the importance of the trifecta (product, engineering and design)
- Strong analytical skills (SQL & Python preferred) with experience analyzing user behavior and measuring impact of experiments on business outcomes
- Are comfortable operating in a fast paced environment and ambiguous problem spaces
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is the world's #1 product intelligence platform– we empower teams to use customer data to build great product experiences for growth. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech startup to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude had a record year of growth in 2020 and grew employee headcount by 24%.
- Amplitude is one of the best software products on the market according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, GIC, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We recently raised our Series F funding ($150M) led by Sequoia Capital, and crossed into the 4 x Unicorn status with a valuation of $4BN.
- More than 1,200 customers, including 26 of the Fortune 100.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris, and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.