About The Role & Team
The Growth Engineering team is dedicated to applying product, engineering, and data to keep Amplitude growing as fast as possible. To scalably grow Amplitude, we build features, infrastructure, and experiments that maximize growth.
Our work ranges from iterating on our core user experience across our entire stack to creating recommendation and personalization systems. We build models to better predict how our customers behave over the long run in order to grow sustainably and profitably. Finally, we are responsible for the infrastructure that powers our growth, including our experimentation framework and automated marketing systems.
As a Senior Growth PM, you will:
Build software to help drive double-digit growth month-over-month. How you do that is up to you and your team - as long as you can measure and backup your results. The team’s work ranges from backend infrastructure like extending our experimentation platform, owning customer-facing features like personalization systems end-to-end, to optimizing our endpoint load time or SEO to help move conversion.
We focus on building quantifiably high impact features through prototyping and experimentation. It is your responsibility to define the problem, prioritize effectively and drive results.
In this role you will:
- Own product-led growth end-to-end: creating the vision, setting strategic direction, and successfully delivering key product outcomes
- Be a partner with engineering, design, marketing, sales, and customer success teams to build solutions that increase customer satisfaction and grow our business
- Work with Amplitude leadership to define how we grow our products and product teams and work cross-functionally to set the strategic direction for the group
- Participate in research and testing (we spend lots of time talking directly to our customers!) to understand customer pain and identify opportunities for improvement
- Use product analytics to understand how our customers use our platform, and help guide decisions on future improvements and optimizations we can make
You'll be a great addition to the team if:
- You have experience on a growth or product development team shipping innovative features and services
- Are a system driven thinker with a passion for creating compounding, focused, and adaptable growth strategy
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Understand why prioritization separates good product development teams from great product development team and the importance of the trifecta (product, engineering and design)
- Strong analytical skills (SQL & Python preferred) with experience analyzing user behavior and measuring impact of experiments on business outcomes
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is the world's #1 product intelligence platform– we empower teams to use customer data to build great product experiences for growth. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, Peloton, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Austin, Amsterdam, London, and Paris.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.