About The Role & Team
At Amplitude, we’re building analytics that helps our customers use data to build better products and drive growth. We’re already the analytics platform of choice for many top product teams around the world including Microsoft, Square, Twitter, and Hubspot. Our team is defining the future of how companies interact with data to build better products.
As a Staff Product Engineer you will:
- Take product ideas from ideation to implementation.
- Work with our core frontend systems team to leverage and improve our design system and overall frontend architecture.
- Integrate with backend services and and build out endpoints with Python, Node and GraphQL.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product and design teams to iterate on our product.
- Lead engineering discussions and mentor others on engineering best practices.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- Have several years of experience working in a frontend engineering role.
- Like to work closely with customers to build features and solve problems.
- Enjoy working in a technical leadership role on an engineering team.
- Enjoy building UIs with modern tools like Babel and ES6, React and Redux, Webpack and Flow.
- Have a good understanding of current and emerging trends in web application development.
- Pride yourself in your excellent attention to detail and your design and UX sensibilities.
Who We Are
Amplitude is built on a culture of having a growth mindset, humility, and ownership. We empower our teams to build with autonomy and collaboration and are committed to continual improvement. For more insight into how we work and what life is like at Amplitude, take a look at our KeyValues profile: https://www.keyvalues.com/amplitude
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10-year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude
- Amplitude is a tech startup to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude had a record year of growth in 2020 and grew employee headcount by 24%.
- Amplitude is one of the best software products on the market according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, GIC, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We recently raised our Series F funding ($150M) led by Sequoia Capital, and crossed into the 4 x Unicorn status with a valuation of $4BN.
- More than 1,200 customers, including 26 of the Fortune 100.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris, and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables the creation of better products, the ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.