About The Role & Team
There are few roles where you have a direct & measurable impact on revenue, work daily with product managers (internal and external), and are constantly learning in a supportive environment. This role on Solutions Consulting team at Amplitude is a unique opportunity to get all of those things and more! We are a hard-working and passionate group who are invested in each others’ success. Over the last year our team has grown tremendously and we are excited to bring new team members onto the team to offer a new perspective and make us better!
Check out our blog post on Solutions Consulting (formerly Sales Engineering) @ Amplitude!
What We Need You to Do:
- Own the development of custom presentations, demonstrations and prototypes of Amplitude to articulate use-cases and value to prospective enterprise customers focused in the Bay Area region
- Proactively and accurately identify and challenge prospect pain to propose creative solutions
- Partner with the enterprise account executives, regional sales leadership, product management, and engineering teams to move deals to close
- Scope, align and execute mutual evaluation plans with prospects to ensure they are effectively learning, extracting value, and engaging with our platform & services
- Educate a variety of audiences on both technical and functional product analytics concepts (i.e. platform demos, implementation reviews, workshops, proofs of concept, executive readouts)
- Stay up-to-date on product releases and new features
- Document and communicate product feedback and product-related challenges from the field
What You'd Bring to Amplitude:
- Prior experience helping sell products in the BI, analytics, or SaaS space
- Passion for learning, empathizing and connecting with product managers and their priorities
- Excitement for contributing new ideas to a quickly growing team and challenging the status quo while remaining open to feedback
- 2+ years of experience in a pre-sales role working with 6-figure deals
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel to help our prospects (up to 30%)
- An appetite for self-improvement and seeking new information
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is the world's #1 product intelligence platform– we empower teams to use customer data to build great product experiences for growth. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, Peloton, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Austin, Amsterdam, London, and Paris.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.