As Head of Business Operations, you will drive business applications, cross functional process optimization, and strategic projects for Amplitude.
In order to qualify for this role you are a strong leader with a diverse blend of sales, marketing, customer success and operations, with domain expertise of enterprise SaaS business models. The ability to solve complex business problems, present data-driven narratives and influence leadership is very important. You should also enjoy people development and thrive in a fast-moving collaborative startup environment.
- You will drive highly visible strategic projects and process optimization, working cross-functionally to structure problems, analyze opportunities, and develop solutions and actionable recommendations and results through a rigorous, data-driven process
- Ownership of business applications (salesforce, netsuite, etc)
- You will drive the operational cadence for the group, measure and track critical cross-functional KPIs and initiatives, automate the KPI reporting process and present to an executive leadership audience
- You will uncover areas within the business to drive performance improvements to unlock productivity and accelerate execution
- You will coordinate with FP&A team on strategic projects ensuring that the organization’s strategic/operational plan is properly reflected within the operating budget and company’s financial model
- You will provide insights to the business through analytics and market research as required
- You will serve as partner to the sales, engineering and product leadership team, developing a deep operational understanding of the current and future product offerings. With this understanding, you will drive the analysis from a revenue growth and financial cost standpoint as it relates to the product roadmap and new offerings/features to be developed by the organization
- You will build cross-functional relationships that enable you to build strong business cases for future investments and areas of focus for operational improvement
- 10+ years experience with a mix of strategy, business operations in a technology company or top-tier consulting firm / corporate strategy field with strong exposure to technology
- Strong domain expertise in Enterprise SaaS business models and sales organization
- Experience driving large and complex initiatives from framing the problem, conducting research / analysis to building the business and operational plans through to driving execution to success
- Strong leadership, analytical and financial skills to solve complex business problems
- Measured, clear, and concise communication & presentation skills
- People development and influencing skills; able to build and lead strong teams
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a dynamic, collaborative, and innovative high-growth environment
At Amplitude, we’re on a mission to help product teams understand their users’ behavior so that they can build better products. We’ve built a product analytics platform that enables anyone, regardless of analytics experience, to listen to what their users are telling them through user behavior.
Founded in 2012, Amplitude is located in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood, and we are backed by IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, and Y Combinator. You can learn more about our team, culture, and environment at https://amplitude.com/careers.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.