Amplitude is laser focused on driving value to customers, and as a result, the Customer Success team influences every part of the company. We help drive what our product and engineering teams build, what our sales team pitches, what stories our marketing team tells, and we ensure that the customer voice is heard in all internal decisions. As part of the Go-To-Market function, Customer Success is responsible for maximizing customer retention and driving expansion - our customers’ success leads to our success.
As the Manager, Strategic Customer Success in our SF office, you will play a vital role in evolving what Customer Success means at Amplitude by leading and developing a diverse and talented team of CSMs. You will report to the Sr. Director of Customer Success and will own the overall adoption, impact, and success of our Strategic and Enterprise customers owned by our west coast CSMs.
In this role, you will have four key focus areas:
1. ) Coaching and Development -- Amplitude’s success is built on its people and you will be responsible for coaching and developing your CSMs and help grow their careers. You will be the leader they look up to and learn from as they tackle the relationship management, adoption, and prioritization challenges that come with managing a multi-million dollar book of business.
2.) Recruiting -- We hire above the mean and you will be responsible for ensuring that your team is continually getting better with each hire we make, while still holding true to our cultural and operational values. You will have the opportunity to build a team of high performing individuals who are eager to work with customers.
3.) Enterprise Strategy -- You’ll be working with Fortune customers, who are extremely different than the SMB business that is the foundation for the company. How we interact with, support, and drive success for Enterprise is a motion we are constantly improving and you’ll have a big part in that.
4.) Customer Relationships -- Your CSMs will come to you when they need help building higher up relationships with customers. Connecting with key stakeholders, understanding their goals and pains, and building a level of trust where they can lean on you and your team as partners will be paramount to our success in the Enterprise.
If you’re hungry to work hard, learn, and build something meaningful, then this is the opportunity for you.
Additionally, being in our headquarters, you’ll have the opportunity to be a leader that everyone, not just CSMs, look up to for guidance.
- Directly manage a team of CSMs and hold them accountable to outcomes
- Train, develop, coach, give feedback, and provide a career development path for your reports
- Uphold Amplitude’s cultural values and operating principles
- Recruit and train new hires
- Develop and improve processes, frameworks, and collateral to improve results at scale
- Engage with customers to help CSMs deliver value and increase adoption
- Work with cross-functional leaders to drive success to our customers
- Identify customer trends, successes, and challenges to leadership and present a point of view as how to deliver value to customers
- 6+ years of Customer Success or Account Management experience, preferably within Enterprise SaaS
- 3+ years of direct management experience and a track record of achieving results
- A deep understanding of the customer journey and what success means in Enterprise SaaS
- Strong leadership, management, communication (verbal, written, and communication), business development, and interpersonal skills
- A customer-focused mindset and passion for customers’ success with the ability to balance the needs of the customer with those of the business
- The ability to motivate and inspire others
- Mastery of multi-tasking, prompt decision making, and prioritization skills
At Amplitude, we’re on a mission to help product teams understand their users’ behavior so that they can build better products. We’ve built a product analytics platform that enables anyone, regardless of analytics experience, to listen to what their users are telling them through user behavior.
Founded in 2012, Amplitude is located in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood, and we are backed by Sequoia, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, and Y Combinator. You can learn more about our team, culture, and environment at https://amplitude.com/careers.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.