At Amplitude, we're building analytics that help our customers use data to build better products and drive growth. We're the product analytics platform of choice for many top product teams including Microsoft, IBM, Paypal, and Disney.
The Customer Success team is responsible for driving adoption and long-term value realization for Amplitude’s customers through structured programs as well as ad-hoc engagement to provide product expertise and best practices. The team partners cross-functionally with every part of the company (Product, Engineering, Sales etc.) to advocate for our customers and ensure a high-quality experience through their lifecycle as an Amplitude customer.
As the Manager, Enterprise Customer Success in our headquarters, you will play a vital role in evolving what Customer Success means at Amplitude by leading and developing a diverse and talented team of CSMs. You will report to the VP of Customer Success and will own the overall adoption and success of our Strategic and Enterprise customers for the Western region.
In this role, you will have four key focus areas:
- Coaching and Development -- Amplitude’s success is built on its people and you will be responsible for coaching and developing your CSMs and help grow their careers. You will be the leader they look up to and learn from as they tackle the relationship management, adoption, and prioritization challenges that come with managing a multi-million dollar book of business.
- Recruiting -- We hire above the mean and you will be responsible for ensuring that your team is continually getting better with each hire we make, while still holding true to our cultural and operational values. You will have the opportunity to build a high performing team who are eager to work with customers.
- Enterprise Strategy -- You’ll be working with Fortune customers with complex org structures and decision-making processes. How we interact with, support, and drive success for Enterprise is a motion we are constantly improving and you will influence how we evolve in this area.
- Customer Relationships -- Your CSMs will come to you when they need help building higher up relationships with customers. Connecting with key stakeholders, understanding their goals and pains, and building a level of trust where they can lean on you and your team as partners will be paramount to our success in the Enterprise
- Directly manage a team of CSMs and hold them accountable to outcomes
- Train, develop, coach, give feedback, and provide a career development path for your reports
- Uphold Amplitude’s cultural values and operating principles
- Recruit and train new hires
- Develop and improve processes, frameworks, and collateral to improve results at scale
- Engage with customers to help CSMs deliver value and increase adoption
- Work with cross-functional leaders to drive success to our customers
- Identify customer trends, successes, and challenges to leadership and present a point of view as how to deliver value to customers
- 6+ years of Customer Success Management or Consulting experience, preferably within Enterprise SaaS
- 3+ years of direct management experience and a track record of achieving results
- A deep understanding of the customer journey and how to define and measure success in Enterprise SaaS
- Strong leadership, management, communication (verbal, written, and presentation), business development, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to navigate complex organizations to accelerate product adoption, influence collaboration and evangelize opportunities for growth.
- A customer-focused mindset and passion for customers’ success with the ability to balance the needs of the customer with those of the business
- The ability to motivate and inspire others
- Mastery of multi-tasking, prompt decision making, and prioritization skills
- Prior experience operationalizing Customer Success through programs, systems and playbooks strongly desired