Reporting to the Vice President, Worldwide Sales, the RVP East will be responsible for execution of the Go-To-Market plan for revenue generation and new sales bookings for the Eastern US Region (Mississippi River to the East Coast and down to Florida) . The ideal candidate will have substantial market and technical credibility to quickly earn the trust of Amplitude customers, sales teams and other key stakeholders. They will have a track record of building teams that create high value customer relationships with a wide range of companies from fast-moving visionary digital disruptors to large traditional mainstream corporations transforming in order to compete in a digital world.
- This sales professional will be a charismatic leader who has the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with executives – whether it be customers, partners investors or internal peers.
- They will build a leadership team and run an effective sales region (which is job number one); adapting to the nuances of different industry vertical needs, market trends, customer behavior, competitive threats, partner opportunities and talent availability to consistently achieve their goals and build a healthy business.
- They need to be assertive, accountable, and resourceful with positive disruption, driven through influence. They need to have a balance of vision, strategy, and execution.
- They should be fluent with setting and evolving GTM strategy for both mature and emerging customer targets; across the entire customer lifecycle from Marketing through Sales to Customer Success -- guiding field and account marketing investments, optimizing resource engagement and fostering collaboration between pre-sales and post-sales teams.
- They should be capable of effectively coaching and developing their first-line leaders on management methods, providing appropriate structure and cadence to the overall team, and efficiently removing obstacles for their people so that everyone can achieve their goals.
- It is vital that they are able to collaborate effectively with their peers on the Sales Leadership Team to share learnings and best practices, share responsibility for cross-boundary accounts and provide advancement opportunities for top talent.
- To be effective, they will need to identify effective data-driven analysis models that their team can use to make more informed decisions. With support from Ops they will need to iterate and evolve a decision framework that leads to forecast accuracy and revenue growth.
- They will be expected to set a consistent example of what it means to operate using our core values – Ownership, Humility and Growth Mindset – and behave as a servant leader by putting others first and their ego second.
- The ability to quickly build trusted relationships with Executive Sponsors during Enterprise sales cycles is highly valued; this means being able to convey strategic messages that get a response over email and then being able to maintain executive mindshare and ensure our respective teams stay focused on the right things, both pre- and post-
The Regional Vice President, Sales-East will be a seasoned executive with tremendous drive, intelligence and capability. She/he will be highly motivated and have the ability and desire to have real impact across the organization. The successful candidate will be a multi-dimensional thinker who operates not only on the basis of important past experiences, but in light of new approaches and developments that occur in the market. Additional personal and professional attributes include:
Skills & Experience:
- Four-year BS/BA degree, focused in software, engineering or related field is a plus.
- Minimum five years of demonstrated success in leading an enterprise software sales organization.
- Proven track record in hitting revenue targets and growing enterprise software sales above $30M.
- Minimum seven years of experience in selling to C-Level & LOB buyers, ideally selling applications and/or analytic solutions.
- Must have a solid understanding of the application software market, the competitive landscape, trends in the industry, and key business drivers.
- Ability to effectively communicate across the client organization; must be able to build trusted advisor relationship with C-level executives.
- Polished communication and negotiation skills
- Proven long term planning, forecast & pipeline management skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a matrix organization
- Ability to work in a team environment, yet able to lead and coordinate activities across virtual teams and concurrently managing multiple tasks.
- Proven, successful problem-solving capabilities demonstrated by examples of forward-thinking, out of the box solutions and adapt based on highly dynamic environments.
At Amplitude, we’re on a mission to help product teams understand their users’ behavior so that they can build better products. We’ve built a product intelligence platform that enables anyone, regardless of analytics experience, to listen to what their users are telling them through user behavior. Founded in 2012, Amplitude is HQ’d in San Francisco with other offices in Amsterdam and New York. We recently raised an $80M Series D and are backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, and Y Combinator. You can learn more about our team, culture, and environment at https://amplitude.com/careers. Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.