Amplitude is laser focused on driving value to customers, and as a result, the Customer Success team influences every part of the company. We help drive what our product and engineering teams build, what our sales team pitches, what stories our marketing team tells, and we ensure that the customer voice is heard in all internal decisions. As part of the Go-To-Market function, Customer Success is responsible for maximizing customer retention and driving expansion - our customers’ success leads to our success.
As a Strategic Success Manager, you are responsible for making sure that our most strategic customers, like Cisco, Microsoft, Paypal, and Under Armour, are being successful in achieving their product goals. As a dedicated resource on a portfolio of strategic accounts, you will lead the process for understanding the most important business challenges that product executives you partner with are trying to solve. You’ll then plan and execute on a roadmap to help solve these challenges and get them to their desired outcomes.
Strategic Success Managers wear two hats:
1) Strategic Account Manager -- it is your responsibility to create and maintain a positive relationship with all of your customers with the goal of maximizing customer retention and reducing customer churn. This means having regular conversations with key influencers and power users to evaluate the strength of the business relationship, digging for pain and getting product feedback, being a product advocate for other users within your customers' organization, and relaying important communications directly to the customer. You’ll work closely with Account Executives to build growth strategies for your accounts and work with them through renewal and upsell conversations. Internally, you’ll work closely with the product, engineering, sales, and marketing teams to bring the customer voice into their key conversations.
2) Product Analytics Strategist -- you will become a product analytics leader and you will teach your customers how to derive valuable insights from our highly technical product. Your responsibilities include leading the onboarding process, conducting hands-on trainings on the platform, answering ad hoc business/strategy questions, and sharing methodologies and insights from your wealth of knowledge. You’ll build strategic frameworks for the different user personas (analysts, PMs, managers, C-level execs, etc) who can get value from the data in the system. Internally, you will help our product team and engineers in driving the product roadmap as you will advocate for your customers and voice their needs in product meetings.
- At least 6 years of experience in a customer success/account management role with at least 3 years of experience working with large enterprise customers
- Experience managing multiple business units of same customer, a proven track record around account expansion
- Expertise in navigating complex enterprises and building new relationships
- Demonstrated ability to learn and explain a technical product or concept
- Proven experience in successfully coordinating internally across many different teams
- An aura of integrity, professionalism, and a willingness to assist
- Knowledge of the analytics space is a plus
At Amplitude, we’re on a mission to help product teams understand their users’ behavior so that they can build better products. We’ve built a product analytics platform that enables anyone, regardless of analytics experience, to listen to what their users are telling them through user behavior. Over 20,000 companies from 180+ countries around the world use Amplitude. We now track over 4.5 trillion user actions every year to help digital product and growth teams instantly understand user behavior, build engaging experiences, and grow their business.
Headquartered in San Francisco, we currently have over 200 employees worldwide, of with 35 based in the city center of Amsterdam, at the European HQ. Recently, offices in London and Paris were opened to expand our local footprint in EMEA. Amplitude has secured several significant brand logos including Adidas, Booking.com, Philips, LeMonde, Microsoft, PayPal, Salesforce and Under Armour, and is selling unique technology across industries, typically addressing the product and growth community.
Amplitude was launched in 2014 and closed Series D funding in December 2018. The company was funded by 2 of the Top 10 Venture Capital Companies in the world and backed by Sequoia, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, and Y Combinator. In October 2018, the company was listed in the Forbes list of the Next Billion-Dollar Startups and we are looking for top talent to help define the future of how companies interact with data to build better products.