Acronis is a world leader in cyber protection—empowering people by providing them with cutting-edge technology that enables them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their businesses and lives depend on. We are in an exciting phase of rapid-growth and expansion and looking for an Intern Software Developer (Android) who is ready to join us in creating a #CyberFit future and protecting the digital world!
Acronis mobile apps for consumer and business audiences are part of the cyber protection product portfolio. The apps provide cross-platform experience for users, allowing to protect data from mobile devices and managed access to user data in the Acronis Cyber Cloud and Files Cloud platforms. We are looking for an Intern to join our growing Android development team in Sofia. This position will require both good technical understanding of high level development concepts and constant active collaboration with our multinational RnD teams. We are looking for a highly motivated person with strong desire to learn and dig deep and who is just as excited about innovation, technology and quality as we are.
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis’ innovative and growing business, so we are looking for someone who enjoys working in dynamic, global teams and thrives in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment. Just like everyone at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design and develop new features as well maintain and fix bugs in new versions of Acronis Android apps
- Write quality code by following the accepted style which passes checks and acceptance testing
- Assist in projects and releases planning following accepted Agile development processes
- Be up-to-date with the latest technologies provided by Google and Android community, and apply them to the benefit of the products
WHAT YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Strong knowledge of writing Android Java / Kotlin applications (available examples in Google Play is desirable)
- Excellent understanding of OOP, data structures and design patterns and principles
- Understanding of architecture patterns like MVC, MVP, MVVM, MVI
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Strong knowledge in recent Android SDKs
- Experience with Android projects using OkHttp, Retrofit, Dagger
- Knowledge of the principles of competent organization of multi-threaded code
- Experience in developing client-server applications
- Experience in RESTful APIs integration
- Ability to write and maintain unit tests
- Ability to work in a team with other developers and other participants in the development process
- Experience with Git source control (pull requests and code reviews)
- Very good level of English
WHO WE ARE
Acronis is revolutionizing cyber protection by unifying backup, disaster recovery, storage, next-generation anti-malware, and protection management into one solution. This all-in-one integration removes the complexity and risks associated with non-integrated solutions and offers easy, complete and reliable data protection for all workloads, applications, and systems across any environment—all at a low and predictable cost.
Founded in Singapore in 2003 and incorporated in Switzerland in 2008, Acronis now has more than 2,000 employees and offices in 34 locations worldwide. Its solutions are trusted by more than 5.5 million home users and 500,000 companies, and top-tier professional sports teams. Acronis products are available through over 50,000 partners and service providers in over 150 countries and 26 languages.
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Attractive remuneration
- Public Transport Support
- Multisport card
- Additional Health & Dental insurance
- Free fresh fruits in the office
- Free drinks (Coffee/Tea/Water)
- Free parking slot
- Tickets for conferences and seminars
- Challenging atmosphere and interesting projects
- Future career development in a multinational company
- Offsite events and parties
Acronis is dedicated not just to cyber protection but to the general protection of its potential and current employees, interviews are being held virtually during the current global COVID-19 situation.