Acronis is dedicated not just to cyber protection but to the general protection of its potential and current employees, interviews are being held virtually during the current global COVID-19 situation.
Acronis is a world leader in cyber protection—empowering people by providing them with cutting-edge technology that enables them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their businesses and lives depend on. We are in an exciting phase of rapid-growth and expansion and looking for a Cyber Protection Expert Engineer who is ready to join us in creating a #CyberFit future and protecting the digital world!
We are seeking a Senior Cloud Expert Support Engineer to fill the position that offers an opportunity to become an expert engineer in troubleshooting Acronis‘ world-class software solutions and gain strong Cybersecurity expertise. We expect all of our Senior Cloud Expert Support Engineer‘s to deliver excellence in both technical expertise and customer service. They will also work closely with other internal teams to ensure Acronis is delivering the best products and services possible. Our Support Engineers are responsible for software troubleshooting as well as cybersecurity, providing service related to data protection, threat prevention and forensics. Acronis’ product lineup offers a full set of cyber-protection, aimed to protect all data, applications and systems. The unique integration of backup, disaster recovery, cybersecurity, and endpoint management in one solution, available both in Cloud and on customer’s premises. We are looking for an experienced Cyber Protection Support Engineer to join our Americas Customer Support team and become one of our ultimate experts on resolving complex and challenging incidents related to our products and services. The Cyber Protection Engineer will serve as the last line of support for our partners and customers and will focus on troubleshooting the more complex issues escalated by other support teams.
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis innovative and growing business, so we are looking for someone who enjoys working in dynamic, global teams and thrives in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment. Just like everyone at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work on resolving various technical incidents for the Company’s customers involving various software, networking and hardware environments
- Responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with customers able to thrive in the ever-changing work environment
- Stay abreast of the latest changes, trends and technological advancements in the industry (Cloud, Storage, Virtualization, Business Applications, etc)
- Maintain deep knowledge of Company operations to support client requests effectively
- Interact with various departments to analyze and resolve problems
- Provide technical advice to junior staff members and review technical results, evaluations and analyses
- Provide for the development of junior staff within the work group through mentoring and technical guidance
- Develop documentation regarding installation, upgrades, support, and compatibility issues.
WHAT YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- 2+ years of experience in an L2-L3 technical support or system administrator role.
- Technical skills must include:
- Windows Server- gather and analyze various Windows logs and dumps, application level troubleshooting with Procmon and Process Explorer.
- Linux/UNIX– application and configuration management; RHCSA as a baseline; CLI power user
- Networking– Packet, performance, routing, connectivity analysis and troubleshooting skills (ability to work with Wireshark, tcpdump, iperf; experience with deploying and configuring services like DHCP, DNS, L2TP/IPSEC/Open VPN, HTTP servers)
- Virtualization expertise- deploying and managing at least one of various enterprise-grade hypervisors such as, VMware ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V, KVM, and Virtuozzo.
- Good communication skills and customer service focus.
- Fluent English (both written and verbal) is mandatory. Additional languages are a plus.
- Passion for troubleshooting and ability to come up with efficient solutions for unordinary issues.
- Coud/AWS/Azure – Experience working with Cloud solutions or in Cloud software Support Team
- Business applications- MS Exchange, MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle DB, Citrix XenApp
- Security expertise – Knowledge of Cyber Security threats assessment and mitigation (black-box/grey-box/white-box testing, patch management, malware detection
WHO WE ARE
Acronis is revolutionizing cyber protection by integrating backup, disaster recovery, storage, next-generation anti-malware, and protection management into one solution. This all-in-one integration removes the complexity and risks associated with non-integrated solutions and offers easy, complete and reliable data protection for all workloads, applications, and systems across any environment—physical, virtual, cloud, and mobile—all at a low cost.
Founded in Singapore in 2003 and incorporated in Switzerland in 2008, Acronis is truly a global organization with more than 1,900 employees in 33 locations in 18 countries. Its solutions are trusted by more than 5.5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses, including 100% of the Fortune 1000 companies. Acronis products are available through 50,000 partners and service providers in over 150 countries in more than 30 languages. Acronis is in an exciting phase of growth and expansion, recently receiving a $250 million investment from CVC Capital Partners, bringing the total valuation to more than $2.5 billion.
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.