The Junior IT Helpdesk Specialist role attends to IT issues reported by end-users in the Acronis Tokyo office and resolves them professionally, ensuring that our employees’ work is not affected.
To perform this role, the Helpdesk Specialist receives and prioritizes IT Helpdesk requests submitted by end-users, then troubleshoots the issue and researches for the appropriate solution. The Helpdesk Specialist will need to be ready to provide assistance in-person or remotely as needed. In this role, the Helpdesk Specialist will be supporting Windows and macOS computers, VoIP phones, iPhone and Android mobile phones as well as network printers.
The Helpdesk Specialist will also maintain IT documentation and inventory for the Acronis Tokyo office. Occasionally, there will be corporate web conferences, and the Helpdesk Specialist will need to provide IT support as required.
As a part-time position, the Helpdesk Specialist is expected to work 2-3 days per week. The schedule is flexible and can be discussed with the manager during the interview. Remote working is also an option, but the Helpdesk Specialist will need to work from the office if the task requires it.
As the Helpdesk Specialist will be working closely with the Acronis Japan team, native Japanese-language proficiency is required. The Helpdesk Specialist will be also working together with IT colleagues from other Acronis offices globally, and intermediate English-language proficiency is required.
- Attend to IT Helpdesk requests submitted by end-users in a timely and professional manner
- Troubleshoot end-user IT issues and research and implement for solutions
- Where needed, utilize resources available on the Internet, such as technical forums, knowledge bases, to aid in problem resolution
- Perform hands-on fixes, including installing and upgrading software, installing and replacing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
- Record, track, and document the IT Helpdesk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution
- Learn and develop proficiency in supporting the software and hardware used and supported by the organisation
- Setup and deploy corporate computers, VoIP phones, mobile phones and network printers for end-users as per internal processes
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of computers, printers, and peripherals
- IT Inventory tracking
- Translate IT documentation into Japanese as required
- Assist with corporate event support using Zoom and other web conferencing tools
- Other non-helpdesk IT tasks assigned
- Experience working in an IT Helpdesk environment
- Experience with the administration and troubleshooting of Windows and macOS computers
- Experience with user and email account administration with Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange
- Experience with supporting end-users for web conferencing, on platforms such as Zoom
- Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office products
- Broad knowledge of computer hardware and peripherals
- Basic skills with computer network troubleshooting
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of technical issues as required
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Ability to present technical solutions that are easy to understand for non-technical users
- Highly self-motivated
- Keen attention to detail
- Customer service oriented
- Native proficiency in Japanese
- Professional proficiency in English