As Acronis is dedicated not just to Cyber Protection but to the general protection of its potential and current employees, recruitment and onboarding process are being held online during the current global COVID-19 situation.
Acronis leads the world in cyber protection - solving safety, accessibility, privacy, authenticity, and security (SAPAS) challenges with innovative backup, security, disaster recovery, and enterprise file sync and share solutions that run in hybrid cloud environments: on-premises, in the cloud, or at the edge. Enhanced by AI technologies and blockchain-based data authentication, Acronis protects all data, applications and systems in any environment, including physical, virtual, cloud, and mobile.
With dual headquarters in Switzerland and Singapore, Acronis protects the data of more than 5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses in over 150 countries and 20 languages
We are currently looking for a Software Developer in Test to join our engineering team at R&D center in Sofia, Bulgaria. The goal of this position is to thoroughly test and deliver highest quality software-defined storage developed by the team as a part of the Acronis Cyber Infrastructure: the hyper-converged infrastructure solution. This solution is extremely important for Acronis itself and for third-party customers as an infrastructure basis for all sorts of services and as a base for data center infrastructure solutions.
Main goal of the team is to improve and deliver new functionality to the software-defined storage used in following scenarios:
- Archive Storage to keep Acronis Cyber Backup Cloud and Acronis Backup data secure anywhere – on-premise and in public clouds
- AWS S3-compatible Object Storage - cloud storage for applications and cloud services
- iSCSI as a high-performance storage on top of which customers run virtual machines, databases and other IO-intensive solutions
- Design and develop test cases for new features, extend and enhance existing test cases
- Maintain test harnesses for probabilistic low-level testing of the fault tolerant software-defined infrastructure
- Understand and analyse product requirements and communicate with product management team
- Work closely with developers to deliver highest quality new product features and improve existing ones
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of programming experience with Python or Go
- Strong understanding of Linux user space and (optionally) Kernel subsystems
- Strong understanding of file systems concepts
- Strong understanding of the network stack
- Excellent understanding of quality concepts, testing methodologies and flavours
- Experience with version control systems (preferably Git), task tracking systems (preferably JIRA), CI/CD (like Jenkins), VM and container orchestration (OpenStack, Kubernetes), documenting own code
- At least Upper-intermediate English