As a Sales Engineer [SE] in Acronis, you will work closely with the Sales Team to execute pre-sales activities that will drive Sales activities within the region assigned. The SE must drive adoption of Acronis’ products and solutions in customer and partner settings by articulating the strengths of Acronis’ solutions, understanding the requirements and match the solutions to deliver the wins.
- Deliver presentations to customers, partners and public audiences on Acronis’ technology and solutions
- Facilitate and manage customer evaluations, and proof of concept activities for Acronis’ solutions.
- Position compelling solutions targeted at solving the customer’s business problems, over and above specific technical requirements, and acting as technical advisor to the customer.
- Produce written proposals and technical responses to RFIs and RFPs
- Conduct hands-on demonstrations and knowledge transfer of Acronis’ solutions to customers/channel partners.
- Working with Acronis Academy and delivering Acronis Certification courses to partners
- Develop customer solution proposals and supporting documentation for review by the customer and Acronis management.
- Provide customer and market input to Product Management, Engineering, Customer Service, and other pertinent groups within Acronis.
- Maintain knowledge on major industry developments; be capable of handling customer inquiries on these matters
- BS in computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years’ experience as Pre-Sales SE supporting sales and designing customer solutions based around storage software, storage hardware and/or backup software and hardware.
Technical Knowledge should include many of the following:-
- Good understanding of IT storage software and computing architectures, including experience in storage and storage infrastructure, networks, operating systems and applications.
- Good working knowledge of SAN/NAS, Networking and Backup
- Strong knowledge of the Storage and Backup industry with the ability to evaluate the competitive strengths and weaknesses of products.
- Backup and/or Storage solution design experience
- Knowledge of Virtualization platforms like VMware, Hyper-V
- Knowledge of Databases like, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, Oracle, storage networks (SAN/NAS), Backup/Recovery, DR and BC (Business Continuity).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft and Linux operating systems
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to translate customers business requirements into technical solutions which deliver genuine benefits back to the business.
Analytical / Interpersonal Skills:
- Must be a good listener, creative, intuitive, and have the ability to resolve problems in potentially stressful situations.
- Must be a confident and assertive professional, acting as an independent but also capable of working within a team.
- Must display effective management of time and resources with strong project management skills.
- Must be an articulate, persuasive and polished oral and written communicator, able to effectively discuss and negotiate around technical issues.
- Self-motivated, customer oriented, resourceful and enthusiastic, showing an intense entrepreneurial mindset.