The Assistant General Counsel will play a key role in supporting the legal organization by managing various legal areas or initiatives. The Assistant General Counsel has a significant impact on the business and works closely with many different departments across the organization. She/he coordinates with Company stakeholders in departments such as Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, Security, Product Development, Product Management and Support, and with customers and vendors. His/her time will be spent on sophisticated SAAS and other software licensing contracts and channel agreements, plus human resources, litigation, compliance, M&A, financing, governance, intellectual property and other business support related matters.
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis’ business, so we are looking for a highly-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, high-volume, work environment. The ideal candidate for this position will possess the requisite skills and experience, a positive attitude, the ability to solve complex problems, and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. As for every position at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
The candidate must have at least ten or more years of comparable experience and be admitted to a US or appropriate foreign bar.
- Sophisticated cloud and conventional software licensing and distribution contracting.
- Providing advice to internal partners regarding legal and compliance matters.
- Litigation strategy and management.
- Implementation and oversight of compliance programs, and associated training.
- Outside counsel oversight and management.
- Legal support for capital raising transactions.
- Assisting with mergers & acquisitions from due diligence to documentation to integration.
- General corporate governance.
- Coordinating and supporting cross-functional efforts with colleagues within the Company to maintain a solid and cohesive foundation for continued success and growth while identifying and mitigating risk.
- Developing and continuously improving department processes and policies.
- Supporting the general counsel’s training and mentoring of the entire legal team.
- Partnering with other departments and stakeholders to ensure legal matters are solved consistent with internal corporate policies and processes.
- Handling special projects/assignments.
- Juris Doctor or LLM from accredited law school; excellent academic credentials.
- Must be admitted and in good standing with an appropriate bar.
- 10+ years of solid combined experience in a prominent law firm and in-house corporate legal department in an international company.
- Significant experience in sophisticated cloud and conventional software licensing and distribution.
- Significant multinational experience.
- Significant experience in two or more of these areas of expertise:
- Sanctions, export controls, anti-bribery and anti-corruption compliance programs and processes
- Global privacy issues
- Debt and equity financings
- Litigation strategy, management and oversight
- Excellent written/verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-based and demanding work environment.
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal clients.
- Business fluency in English is a must. Any additional language is desirable.
- Flexibility and understanding that Acronis is not a 9-5 job, that Acronis has a start-up mentality, and that we all must work hard together in order to succeed.
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.