At accuRx, we're on a mission to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together.
Who are accuRx?
At accuRx, we’re building the first patient-centred communication platform. Our products help doctors, nurses, pharmacists, administrators, carers and anyone else involved in a patient's care to communicate easily with patients and with each other. We believe this will transform how healthcare is delivered, improving patient outcomes, improving staff morale and increasing the efficiency of health systems.
Our products have 98% adoption in GP practices and we are investing into other areas of healthcare (hospitals, pharmacies, care homes). By making messaging easier, we’re making more of medicine asynchronous, from simple consultations to getting advice from hospital specialists, saving time and making it easier for staff to communicate.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world. You can view more about the impact we’ve had so far here
Life as a User Support Operations Manager at accuRx
We're looking for someone to join the accuRx family who can work alongside us to deliver a first class experience for our users. You'll be part of our User Support team, which is currently a team of 12 User Support Specialists, another User Support Operations Manager and our Head of Support. We're growing our team of User Support Specialists rapidly as our product range and userbase grows, and are therefore looking for a User Support Operations Manager who can help us scale out our support function. Our User Support Operations Manager would line manage a team of User Support Specialists, and would lead the delivery of that team's support function.
You would report to and work closely with our Head of Support, working together with another User Support Operations Manager to build scalable processes for our specialists and continuing to grow the team.
Our support operation is valued highly, with everyone in the business doing a monthly slot on our frontline support desk to stay close to users. We view our User Support team as being at the centre of the company - they interface with developers, product teams, user research, growth, and everything in between.
- You’ll be line managing a team of User Support Specialists, who are front line support agents providing technical support over live chat. Our team are ambitious, bright, caring individuals who are continuously looking to improve.
- You’d conduct weekly 1-2-1s, performance reviews every 6 months, and probation reviews for new joiners, to support development of the team.
- You'll help your team members build their career at accuRx, by working with them on their personal development goals, and providing regular feedback and coaching.
- As a manager at accuRx, you'd feed back concerns or ideas you've observed in your team at a higher company level, and be key in helping us grow sustainably as a business to achieve our mission.
- You'd lead on setting goals and target metrics to help your team continue to provide world-class user support and strive to continuously improve our processes.
- As a lead of the team, you'd oversee the team processes for managing our inbound volume and ways of working. This would include escalation processes, effective triaging of inbound support, and resourcing appropriately.
- You'll be able to motivate the team through periods of high volume or stress: our work often comes in ebbs and flows, and you'd lead the team through (very occasional!) outages or other high pressure situations.
- You would be heavily involved in wider business decisions and projects with external teams that would have user impact, and be a representative of our function to the rest of the business.
Scaling our future processes
- We're growing quickly, and have to evolve our processes rapidly to match with the rate of change of our products and volume of inbound support. You'll provide the structure and guidance to the team as we decide how to tackle each change.
- Our team is still growing and we're looking to continue hiring throughout the year. You'll help us build our awesome team by running interviews and bringing new joiners up to speed quickly. You'll also help us scale the structure of the team and progression of members as we grow.
- You'll be keeping your eyes peeled for ways to improve our efficiency as a team and keep raising the bar of the support we provide. You'll be able to experiment with creative ideas and processes to try out to help us keep pushing the bar.
What the team say...
Veronica - User Support Lead
"User Support is scaling really quickly so I've been able to work on improving processes that benefit the entire team whilst managing four lovely individuals and most importantly, continuing to focus on and prioritise the high quality of support we give our wonderful users! It's busy and very exciting"
We'd really like to hear from you, if...
- 1+ year experience in line management, ideally within a customer service environment
- Experience in, and enthusiasm around trying new methods, switching up processes and coming up with new ideas around how we run our support platform and user journey
- Mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- Passionate about improving healthcare
- Excited by change and a fast-paced learning environment
- A problem solver, and relish in the constant challenges a startup throws your way
- An excellent communicator with the ability motivate those in a team
- Someone who responds well under pressure and can handle a crisis
- Able to effectively work with other stakeholders in external teams, and be a representative of User Support across the business
- Someone who shares our values
Salary and Benefits
- up to £45,000 salary + meaningful share options
- Flexible working including core hours and up to 2 days remote working per week
- £1000 annual learning and development budget; £500 wellness budget
- Time on the frontline - Everyone visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to truly understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
- £500 wellness bonus - spend on anything that's keep you physically and mentally healthy
- And much more.
Read more about our benefits here.
Check us out on Instagram to see what life at accuRx is really like!
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at accuRx 🤩
Here’s 3 reasons why accuFolk love working at accuRx! 💙
Diversity & Inclusion
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.