At accuRx, we're on a mission to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together.
Who are accuRx?
At accuRx, we're building a world-famous healthcare communication platform. Our mission is simple - to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together. Our technology is revolutionising how technology is adopted and how care is delivered in healthcare.
Established in 2016 and now with £9m in Series A funding, accuRx is one of the UK's fastest-growing tech start ups. In one year, we grew from only a few GP practices using us to over 20% of the market. Today, over 40% of GP practices rely on us, we've just gone live in pharmacies and will soon be used in hospitals. Our vision is that anyone involved in a patient's care can communicate with each other.
We're on an incredible journey at accuRx with big ambitions, problems to solve and lives to change!
Life as a Software Engineer at accuRx
Every day at accuRx as a Software Engineer, you will be solving real world problems and building a product that is going to impact every single person in the UK.
As a Software Engineer, you'll join a small team of incredibly talented men and women who care about what they are building and why. Together you'll be inspired by how you can fix a world-wide problem in technology. You will single-handedly change people's lives from what you are creating.
We don't mind what languages or frameworks you've used before (in fact, different experiences bring different perspectives to the table, we are always keen to hear other peoples views) - just that you're willing to break things, fix things, learn fast and carry on creating!
To best service healthcare practices and build a scalable solution that will be used in every GP surgery in the UK, we currently work with C# .NET Core, SQL, React, ES6 and Redux. However, we are constantly learning, iterating and improving. As we continue to grow at a phenomenal rate, who knows what tech stack we will be working with soon - and you could be the person to show us!
We'd really like to hear from you, if ...
- You have 2+ years of experience in software engineering.
- The healthcare industry is something you're passionate about or you already have industry experience in it.
- You're mission-driven and care about creating something amazing that will impact the lives of millions.
- Change excites you - you want to play a part in our incredible growth journey, have a voice and help us transform the healthcare industry like never before!
- Problem-solving is what you live for - you relish in the constant obstacles a start up throws your way.
- You're an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life.
- You share our values and we can depend on you to proactively inspire others to be dependable and committed Engineers
Perks of the job at accuRx
People are what drives us.
Our users are the reason we created our product and inspire us every day to be better.
However, we would not have achieved so much so soon without our own incredible team. In order to continue changing the lives of healthcare practitioners and patients nationwide, we are looking for more fantastic talent to join us!
Here are just some of the reasons why accuRx is an awesome place to work:
- Meaningful share options, so that you own a part of the company and get rewarded for all of your hard work.
- Lots of our team have small families or are first-time mums/dad's. We understand how beneficial flexible working hours can be and so have core working hours of 10am-4pm. When you arrive and leave is totally up to you just as long as you are productive and get the work done :)
- Free breakfast daily and constant supply of fruit, snacks and drinks in the office.
- Free healthy pescatarian and veggie lunch every day.
- Monthly team dinners, we like to alternate cooking in the office and heading out to local restaurants. We love to take full advantage 1 of our Founders (Jacob) culinary skills, he's been on MasterChef after all! - so far we've made our own sushi, pizza and pasta!
- Spill - All employees have the option to use this Mental Health platform. It's completely confidential and can be used however best suits your needs, each employee gets up to 6 sessions with a qualified therapist per year. If you simply have a question but don't require a session there is a platform for this as well!
- Office yoga, park runs & gym classes.
- Annual week-long Summer Retreat - no expense spared - with partners invited for the weekend. This year we are heading to West Lexham!
- £500 annual wellness bonus - to support both physical and mental health.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
- Beautiful, brand new office in Haggerston near Shoreditch, equipped with the latest tech and (of course) ping pong table.
- Pension scheme
We're building a business and culture to be proud of - see our Employee Handbook in full here.
Specifically check out the Engineering at accuRx section.
Check us out on Instagram to see what life at accuRx is really like!
Why is a diverse and inclusive workplace so important to us?
Each health system is made up of a diverse workforce, serving 100% of the population. We are building for them, not us. We can only transform health systems if we build a diverse team, rich with different backgrounds, opinions and personalities. We are an equal opportunities employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. We particularly welcome applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in the technology sector, such as women, people with disabilities and individuals from Black and Minority ethnic communities.