At accuRx, we're on a mission to bring patients and their healthcare teams together.
Who are accuRx?
At accuRx, we're building a world-famous healthcare communication platform. Our mission is simple - to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together. Our technology is revolutionising how technology is adopted and how care is delivered in healthcare.
Established in 2016 and now with £9m in Series A funding, accuRx is one of the UK's fastest-growing tech startups. In two years, we grew from only a few GP practices using us to over 50% of practices in England. Today, over 95% of GP practices rely on us to communicate with their patients. We've just launched in hospitals and are already used by over 15% of hospitals in England. Our vision is that anyone involved in a patient's care can communicate with each other.
In response to COVID-19, we spent March and April working tirelessly to release new features to help frontline staff. This includes a video consultation solution that went from zero to 35,000 daily consultations in the space of 8 weeks.
Unlike many healthtech companies, we are a software provider, not a healthcare provider. We allow existing health and care systems (starting with the NHS in the UK) to deliver technology-enabled care, free from any AI/Blockchain-hype.
Life as Head of Talent at accuRx
Over the next 15 months, we’re growing from 13 to 50 people, across a wide range of roles. You’ll make sure that we have real clarity on the people we’re looking for and develop robust recruitment processes. You’ll find world class people to join us, and convince them we’re the best place for them to progress their careers and have an impact. You’ll take responsibility for the entire hiring process, including everything from refining our hiring roadmap to increasing diversity in the team.
With such a rapid rate of growth, we need to develop slick onboarding processes so that everyone joining has an outstanding experience of joining the company, and reaches productivity within two weeks of joining. You’ll develop and own these processes, get the rest of the company involved and make sure they improve with each new team member that joins.
- You’re a self-starter and can develop a Talent strategy, create buy-in across the company and then implement it.
- You know how to find, excite, select, recruit and onboard people who are the best in their field
- You have extensive (3+ years) in-house Talent Acquisition experience, and can build scalable processes from scratch.
- You have successfully scaled a team or organisation headcount by at least 3x
- You have hired for technical/product roles and understand how to differentiate and screen for technical ability
- You can sell our vision and culture to prospective employees
- You care about building a diverse team
- You like running experiments and trying out new ideas. You use data to assess the impact of these
- You care deeply about everyone enjoying coming to work every day
- You know what a great onboarding experience looks like and how to make this happen
- You can work with people across the company to help them identify their hiring needs, find the best talent and be the best managers
Things we look for in every hire
- You're mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- You're passionate about improving healthcare
- You're excited by change and a fast-paced learning environment
- You love solving problems, and relish in the constant challenges a startup throws your way.
- You're an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life.
- When you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You share our values
Here are just some of the reasons why accuRx is an awesome place to work:
- Work on building a better healthcare system, with a thoughtful, smart and driven team.
- Meaningful share options, so you have a share in our success.
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
- Flexible start and end to your day. We trust you to be productive and own your work :)
- We provide breakfast and a constant supply of fruit, snacks and drinks in the office.
- We provide lunch every day. We're pescatarian
- Monthly team dinners, we alternate between cooking in the office and heading out to local restaurants. Team favourites include making our own sushi, pizza and pasta!
- Time on the frontline - Everyone spends at least two days each quarter in a GP Practice, to truly understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
- Spill - we provide access to confidential sessions with a qualified therapist, to help support good mental health.
- Tyve - we give you the option to donate to a charity of your choice directly from your salary, pre-tax.
- Office yoga, team runs & HIIT classes.
- Annual week-long Summer Retreat, with partners and kids invited for the weekend.
- £500 annual wellness bonus - to support both physical and mental health. Use this for anything from gym memberships to meditation apps.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Pension scheme
We're building a business and culture to be proud of - see our Employee Handbook in full here.
Check us out on Instagram to see what life at accuRx is really like!
Why is a diverse and inclusive workplace so important to us?
Each health system is made up of a diverse workforce, serving 100% of the population. We are building for them, not us. We can only transform health systems if we build a diverse team, rich with different backgrounds, opinions and personalities. We are an equal opportunities employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. We particularly welcome applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in the technology sector, such as women, people with disabilities and individuals from Black and Minority ethnic communities.