Software Engineer II
Personal development and becoming the best you is all about growth and exploring new skills and opportunities – both in and out of the office. At Accruent, we call this Grow Without Limits, and we’re proud to offer each of our employees the resources, coaching and support vital to achieve Growth Without Limits in their personal and professional lives. Explore where the path takes you.
Why you want to work for our Engineering team:
The Engineering team is vital to the success of our current and emerging software developments. As part of this team, you will be able to deliver enhancements and customization's on new and existing products to make an impact for the business and our customers. As we continue to expand our product suite, we look for innovative team members to persevere in the ever-changing environment of technology.
The Software Engineer II is responsible for coding, testing, and implementing products for our Maintenance Connection product suite, one of Accruent’s grow products which includes a variety of different web, mobile and desktop applications. The Maintenance Connection’s software helps discrete and process manufacturing businesses manage work orders, organize, and implement preventative maintenance, predict asset maintenance, and manage enterprise assets such as HVAC and conveyor systems and equipment inventory. Creating and reviewing technical requirements, and developing code in a variety of programming languages for a web-based enterprise application along with proven technical leadership and project ownership is required to be considered for this position
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving. If you are dedicated, enjoy working in a team environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy creating innovative solutions to complex problems, Accruent may be a fit for you.
This role will be working on/with our Maintenance Connection product. Maintenance Connection’s software helps maintenance teams manage work orders, organize and implement preventative maintenance, predict asset maintenance, and manage enterprise assets and equipment inventory.
How you'll make a difference:
- Create code that meets design specifications, follows standards, and is easy to maintain. When required, makes suggestions for new designs.
- Perform and design testing protocols to ensure that the product is fully tested.
- Ensure that all enhancements, bug fixes, and new products are documented.
- Work with various teams in the organization to ensure appropriate project requirements are met.
- Mentor Software Associates on technology and product practices.
- Ability to teach other non-technical team members information about the code.
- Participate in an Engineering team that is responsible for developing quality software.
- Ability to carry out all policies and procedures as established by the team, department, or company at large.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience.
- Experience with APIs
- Experience with .NET Framework 3.5 or newer; and the latest MS Visual Studio tools.
- Clear understanding of software development practices and lifecycles.
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented concepts.
- Knowledge of database management systems.
- Self-reliant and motivated self-starter, project and task oriented with a focus on details.
- Ability to work well within group or individually on projects.
- Preferred skills/experience:
- Experience with industry methodologies and Agile development methodologies
- Experience in building scalable enterprise web based applications!
- Expertise in React
- Knowledge and experience with GraphQL
- This job does not require travel domestically or internationally,
- This is a full-time, exempt opportunity.
- Relocation will not be considered for this position.
- At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
We believe everyone can bring something incredible to the table with each of our unique experiences and personal skillset. We encourage you to apply for roles that interest you, even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience we’re looking for, or your background doesn’t match the job description perfectly. If you are courageous, adaptable, and love being part of an extraordinary team, we want to hear from you!
Accruent is the world’s leading provider of intelligent solutions for the built environment – spanning real estate, integrated technology systems, and the physical and digital assets they connect. Accruent continues to set new expectations for how organizations can use data to transform the way they manage their facilities and assets and is transforming the way people and systems work together. With major office locations in Austin, New Orleans, London and Amsterdam, Accruent serves more than 10,000 customers in a wide range of industries in more than 150 countries around the world. For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.