Every company has a mission. At Accruent, ours is to make sure you are ready to deliver on yours. 10,000+ customers around the globe depend on Accruent to lead their physical resources and gain the transparency to execute their mission. We’re mission ready. Are you?
Why you want to work for our Cloud Operations team:
Cloud Operations is the beating heart of Accruent. You will oversee the applications to make sure our customers can experience the full scope of Accruent's products. The performance of the applications is governed by the team to keep our products optimizing at peak performance. Our Cloud Ops team is full of learners and thinkers who foster an engaging atmosphere.
The Systems Engineer II will be a key member of the Cloud Operations team and will be responsible for designing, building, automating, monitoring, and troubleshooting problems in Accruent’s customer facing servers and applications. This involves consulting on technical designs, planning capacity expansions, preparing for disaster recovery scenarios, and installing Accruent software. The position will be responsible for the performance and scalability of the Production level systems that they are assigned. The candidate will also be part of a periodic 24X7 on-call rotation.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, and enjoy creating innovative solutions to complex problems, Accruent may be a fit for you.
This position reports directly to the Manager, System Operations and is a remote work opportunity.
How you'll make a difference:
- Build, validate, and support the Accruent applications in both public and private cloud environments.
- Ensure production level systems are running at all times and have multiple levels of redundancy to meet committed SLAs.
- Design servers and application environments for performance, reliability, redundancy, and scale.
- Develop a working knowledge of all Accruent-supported products and technologies.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance such as monitoring the performance of systems, virus detection, and monitoring network backups.
- Assist with the tactical implementation of any technology project and provide on-going technology support.
- Document environment topology and installation details.
- Utilize configuration management technologies to build and scale application environments.
- Develop scripts for automating repetitive tasks and making configuration changes.
- Engage with support teams and customers to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Maintain a disaster recovery plan and perform regular tests.
- Ensure SSAE16 audit compliancy and keep all software licensing and maintenance contracts current.
- Plan for expansion of capacity and recommend upgrades, patches, new applications, and equipment when necessary.
- Deep familiarity with OS and virtualization technologies
- Mentor and train Associates
- Ability to teach non-technical members of the organization and non-technical customers about the application
- Consistently demonstrate Accruent’s values: humility, integrity, drive to excellence, results orientation, winning attitude, grit.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you bring to the table:
- Undergraduate degree in related discipline (IS/CS degree preferred)
- 3-5 years of professional hands-on experience in a web based (SaaS) software environment
- Experience with troubleshooting operating system level issues (Windows Servers, Red Hat Linux, CentOS)
- Experience with troubleshooting web server related issues (IIS, Apache)
- Experience with virtualization technologies (VMware, HyperV)
- Experience with scripting languages (PowerShell, T-SQL)
- Experience with building and managing public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Understanding of networking and storage technologies
- Familiarity with configuration management technologies (SaltStack, Chef, Puppet)
- Certifications in Linux, Microsoft, database, networking, and cloud technologies highly desired
- Familiarity with best practices in IT management, change management and architecture is desirable; eg ITIL
- Knowledge of software lifecycle and agile methodologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to proactively communicate detailed status to customer and project team
- Ability to work both within a team and independently
- Ability to make sound decisions based on customer needs and technical knowledge
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality solutions
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills
- This job does not require travel domestically or internationally,
- This is a full-time, exempt opportunity.
- Relocation will not be considered for this position.
- At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
- Accruent requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests. For additional information about our COVID-19 approach, please visit: https://careers.fortive.com/covid. All offers of employment are expressly conditioned upon compliance with our COVID-19 vaccination policy.
We believe everyone can bring something incredible to the table with each of our unique experiences and personal skillset. We encourage you to apply for roles that interest you, even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience we’re looking for, or your background doesn’t match the job description perfectly. If you are courageous, adaptable, and love being part of an extraordinary team, we want to hear from you!
Accruent is the world’s leading provider of intelligent solutions for the built environment – spanning real estate, integrated technology systems, and the physical and digital assets they connect. Accruent continues to set new expectations for how organizations can use data to transform the way they manage their facilities and assets and is transforming the way people and systems work together. With major office locations in Austin, New Orleans, London and Amsterdam, Accruent serves more than 10,000 customers in a wide range of industries in more than 150 countries around the world. For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.