84.51° is a retail data science, insights and media company. We help the Kroger company, consumer packaged goods companies, agencies, publishers and affiliated partners create more personalized and valuable experiences for shoppers across the path to purchase.
Powered by cutting edge science, we leverage 1st party retail data from nearly 1 of 2 US households and 2BN+ transactions to fuel a more customer-centric journey utilizing 84.51° Insights, 84.51° Loyalty Marketing and our retail media advertising solution, Kroger Precision Marketing.
Join us at 84.51°!
As a Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to design and build software products and features for both internal and external clients. We are a team of innovators, continuously exploring modern technologies that ensure 84.51° remains on the forefront of application development. In this position, you will be utilizing Java, Spring Boot, MongoDB, JSON, and SQL daily.
Take ownership of stories and drive them to completion through all phases of the entire 84.51° SDLC. This includes external facing and internal applications as well as process improvement activities such as:
- Perform development in Java and Spring
- Perform unit and integration testing
- Partner with senior resources, gaining insights
- Participate in retrospective reviews
- Participate in the estimation process for new work and releases
- Bring new perspectives to problems
- Be driven to improve yourself and the way things are done
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree - typically in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Business Analytics or another technically strong program.
- Understanding of Agile Principles (Scrum)
- Proficient Java
- Experience using Spring Framework
- Experience with VCS (Git, SVN)
- Understanding of CI/CD
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Principles
- Proficient in SQL
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience with Spring Boot
- Understanding SOLID principles