SENIOR RESEARCHER, CONSUMER RESEARCH
The Consumer Research team within 84.51° uncovers the “why” that complements the deep behavioral understanding 84.51° uniquely delivers. Our focus is uncovering the “Why,” integrating it with the “What,” and turning these insights into human stories and business recommendations that compel action to be taken that delight our customers in ways no other retailer can. We strive to consistently bring this human understanding to the business and serve as a strategic partner to leaders at 84.51°, Kroger, and our clients.
A Senior Researcher on our team is accountable for the creation and execution of research projects start to finish, applying best practices and standards to projects, and delivering actionable results to stakeholders- both internal and external. The role will execute research across a range of methodologies (Quantitative and Qualitative) and will include custom work, leveraging existing products and solutions, and incorporating existing data to support a holistic view that raises the collective understanding of our customers’ motivations and perceptions.
As a Senior Researcher, you will be accountable for:
- Identifying research needs and designing research projects to meet those needs
- Executing research activities for projects end to end including: defining sample, determining feasibility, questionnaire/screener drafting, data cleaning, designing and executing an analysis/insights plan, overall quality assurance throughout, and delivering results and recommendations.
- Driving increased efficiency in our research processes and products to increase the ROI of all of Consumer Research
- Building client/stakeholder relationships, through consultation, interpretation of business questions, and delivery of results with clear recommendations
- Collaborating with teammates, cross functional partners and external vendors to manage and progress projects from start to finish
- Serving as a passionate, vocal champion for customers and getting to “the Why”
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Understanding of the consumer research process across both qualitative and quantitative methods with prior experience scoping and executing a variety of consumer research projects
- Ability to leverage or learn one or more research related software/tools (e.g. SPSS, R, Python, Alteryx, Tableau, Qualtrics, SmartPLS, Lighthouse Studio, etc.)
- Familiarity with various data types and exposure to effectively integrating data to deliver insights
- Experience in identifying opportunities to automate a process and doing so in a way that is scalable
- Ability to identify business questions/needs that are candidates for a product approach
- Impeccable attention to detail, strong discipline and proactivity related to managing timelines and budgets
- The ability to successfully manage many projects at one time and prioritize effectively
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to navigate a quickly evolving and at times, nebulous environment
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, ideally in business, marketing, social sciences, psychology or analytics/statistics.
- 3-5 years of industry experience