AGILE DELIVERY LEAD
CINCINNATI OR CHICAGO
At 84.51°, we build software products that make customers’ lives easier and move the retail industry forward with our bleeding-edge data science. We believe high-performing teams deliver exceptional results time and time again.
As Agile Delivery Lead, you’ll be part of a team bringing principles-based thinking to create environments of empowerment and accountability – where product-led teams are charged with solving problems for customers - not given work to do.
The Agile Delivery Lead is part of the leadership team (value stream leadership or program leadership team) and may act as scrum master for 1-3 teams. You know what good looks like and are accountable within your LT for an agile operating model that creates alignment and flow - within the teams, the value stream and across value streams. Your approach is fit for purpose and keeps the customer at the center.
You have an execution gene and actively reduce friction and increase flow in the product lifecycle. You partner to create standards that anchor teams in their quest for high performance and create an LT operating model that successfully governs across the accountabilities of value, viability, feasibility, usefulness and adaptability. An active team member, you wear a delivery hat and remove ambiguity where possible.
You are a connector of people and teams – at the right time and for the right purpose, enabling decisions and ownership. You lead with a continuous improvement approach and uplift value stream leadership and teams with your practical guidance.
If this sounds like you, join the 84.51° Product & Design team in helping to lead the next wave of products that will change the way retail is done.
- Create and evolve lightweight value stream or small program leadership ways of working – supporting governance, roadmap reviews, value stream planning, townhalls.
- Partner to create healthy leadership strategies e.g. communication, metrics, improvement strategies
- Evolve successful agile team ways of working across the value stream - implementing, facilitating, and evolving practices and ownership to create the right flow. Partner to create team standards.
- Help bring teams closer to the problem space and enable Product to spend time closer to the customer.
- Enable successful sprint / cycle / value stream activities with clear ownership - stand-ups, planning, refinement, shaping, demos, releases. Ensure clear visibility of sprint/cycle/release health.
- Champion healthy delivery and bi-directional understanding of priorities, scope and potential timelines.
- Act as liaison across teams to successfully align work, dependencies and manage risks including escalation.
- Reduce friction - remove obstacles and impediments and innovate on ways to make value delivery easier.
- Understand team(s) agile maturity and partner cross-functionally to help the team on their journey. Identify and execute coaching opportunities.
- Help team(s) identify, prioritize, and execute improvement opportunities within VLT and teams.
- Create and maintain metrics for the value stream, teams and stakeholders, using data points and trends to communicate progress, quality, bottlenecks, team health.
- Promote a fun, learning culture and an environment enabling high performing teams.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM or PSM I)
- Minimum of 5+ years direct experience working with teams in an agile environment (Software or Data Development, Business Analysis or Project Management domains)
- Product mindset and deep knowledge of agile principles and practices (Scrum, Kanban, DevOps)
- Demonstrated experience performing Scrum Master duties for at least 2 agile teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills, strategic communication
- High emotional intelligence and ability to build trust and influence others
- Removes ambiguity in situations and drives towards decisions and shared understanding
- Delivery management experience preferred
- Experience in data science, data analytics and insights or adtech a plus
- Value stream experience a plus