Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is building the next big thing in AI search, and the next big thing is answers.
With the explosion of information and data online, search has never been more important. However, while the world of consumer search has innovated over time, enterprise search has not. In fact, the majority of enterprise search is powered by outdated keyword technology that only scans for keywords and delivers a list of hyperlinks rather than actually answering questions. Yext, the AI Search Company, offers a modern, AI-powered Answers Platform that understands natural language so that when people ask questions about a business online they get direct answers – not links.
We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need bright minds and diverse perspectives to join our growing company and help us continue to disrupt an industry. Does this sound like you?
As a Senior IT Engineer, you will be responsible for the maintenance and support of systems such as: JAMF, GSuite, OKTA, Zendesk and Microsoft Intune. You have architected entirely new JAMF and OKTA deployments and have executed these deployments for enterprise organizations. You understand the complexities of doing so and how Jamf, Okta and G-Suite compare to the alternatives. You will be an escalation point for Level 1 support staff, handling the complex requests that come through our ITSM system (Zendesk) on a regular basis. You are highly technical and are comfortable problem solving across a range of devices. You're a fast learner and great communicator who can support the technology needs of various groups within the organization. The ability to effectively document your work is critical to your success.
What You'll Do
- Experience developing and maintaining scripts in scripting languages such as Bash, Python, or Powershell
- Experience in building CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, TeamCity, Terraform etc.)
- Hands-on-keyboard experience across a broad range of AWS services, with deep-dive knowledge and skills in specific services (preferably working in a large organization)
- Participate in full lifecycle development of software and implement all DevOps procedures to support the CI/CD process including the automation of the build, test and deploy pipelines.
- Administers and maintains existing device management frameworks (Jamf, Intune) and identity management solutions (OKTA, AD).
- Reviews and applies security patching best practices & performs proactive performance monitoring and tuning
- Manage entire lifecycle of systems (i.e. Apple Mac OS/iOS, Windows)
- Supports Gmail configuration and mailbox management including email routing, spam filtering (SPF/DMARC) and forensics
- Ability to work collaboratively and quickly shift focus in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Comprehensive knowledge and hands on experience with Windows OS, Mac OS, Active Directory, Google Administration, Okta, Jamf, AWS, MSFT Azure Intune, and other SaaS enterprise cloud-based services
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, and guidance to the Level 1 support team as well as cross functional teams
What You Have
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- 5+ years’ experience as a Jamf Pro administrator.
- 5 years or more using GSuite on an administrator level
- Experience with mapping APIs; Google, Okta, Zendesk, Zoom
- Experience integrating different SaaS systems to enhance the environment
- Experience building custom SSO integrations (SAML, OAUTH, WS-FED/WS-TRUST) in Okta
- Familiarity with all recent releases of macOS (Mojave, Catalina). (Features, patching, etc.).
- Experience with scripting (Python, PowerShell,Bash)
- MacOS system (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration experience required.
- Prior experience managing a scaling infrastructure of internal Apple SUS
- First-hand experience with administration and architecture of Jamf Pro.
- Demonstrated abilities to prioritize and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced. environment to meet deadlines with efficiency and accuracy.
- Strong problem solving, organization and project management skills, with a willingness and desire to take responsibility, accountability and ownership.
- Ability to work outside of normal working hours to complete tasks, including occasional weekends/evenings.
- Proactive and self-motivated in approach to work tasks.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with an ITSM system; Zendesk preferred.
- Excellent ability to build supporting documentation (such as business and/or technical requirements, final design and/or support guides for automation, self-service, compliance, customization)
- DevOps Tools experience: GitHub, Jenkins, Stash
- Collaborative – Works well in a highly collaborative environment; is humble, respectful of others, and a good communicator
- Accountable – Delivers high quality and accurate results; displays a high level of ownership; can be counted on to deliver on commitments
- Resourceful – Highly effective and disciplined in achieving goals; shows initiative and good judgment
- Adaptive – Comfortable with ambiguity and change; able to set priorities in a changing environment; flexible and open to new ideas
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.