Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is the leading digital presence platform for multi-location brands, with thousands of customers worldwide. With one central platform, brands can seamlessly deliver consistent, accurate, and engaging experiences and meaningfully connect with customers anywhere in the digital world. Our AI and machine learning technology powers the knowledge behind every customer engagement, which is only possible through our team of innovators and enthusiastic collaborators. Join us and experience firsthand why we are consistently recognized as a ‘Best Place to Work’ globally by industry leaders such as Built In, Fortune, and Great Place To Work®!
Yext makes software and tools to improve everyone’s experience on the internet through outstanding Digital Experiences. Our clients trust us to use natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning (ML) to deliver experiences like Search, Chat, Local Listings, and pages.
As a Senior Data Scientist you will shape algorithms to develop essential new capabilities and features for Yext’s products. We manage large amounts of structured master data on behalf of some of the world’s largest companies and collect transactional data through end-user-facing applications we host directly for these clients.
Yext clients cover a tremendous breadth of industries. We are seeking data scientists excited to discover opportunities in data across a wide variety of business domains. Senior Data Scientists work collaboratively with cross-team partners in software engineering, and product management. Senior Data Scientists participate fully in the product development lifecycle and make pragmatic decisions about the design, training, and deployment of machine learning models driving key product features.
What You’ll Do
- Solve data science problems end-to-end, starting from exploration and analysis to pragmatic implementations of high quality solutions
- Effectively communicate quantitative results in a timely manner (by producing exceptional written and visual documentation)
- Write high quality Python code (we use PyTorch, Transformers in many places) to train and analyze LLMs
- Mentor junior team members, provide technical leadership and execution guidance
- Exercise excellent technical judgment and prioritization around complexity, completeness, details and risks
- Communicate data science and machine learning concepts to a variety of audiences (product managers, software engineers, executives, sales partners).
- Partner with product management and engineering teams throughout the product development lifecycle
What You Have
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline, e.g., computer science, mathematics, physics, statistics, applied mathematics, economics, or operations research
- 5+ years of quantitative/research experience
- Autodidactic, Self directed – You are able to dive into a new unfamiliar problem domain and learn quickly in the face of adversity – You are comfortable with uncertainty and project evolution. You are excited to work on a fast-paced and high velocity team.
- Highly developed communication skills (writing, figures, well-structured presentations)
- Experience leading cross-functional agile work streams and scaling data-driven initiatives.
- Excellent judgment about when to dive deep on a problem, but also when to simplify, prioritize and abstract. You have strong systems thinking and analytical skills to make these judgements well.
- Enthusiasm for LLMs. Up to date on latest architectures for all size problems (from ~100M parameter embedding models to 10B+ parameter generative models).
- Experience working with GPU clusters for training and inference of LLMs.
- Expertise in model alignment and evaluation.
- Expertise in Pandas, scikit-learn, matplotlib, PyTorch, CUDA and related tools
- Excellent ability to cope with "glue" problems - shell scripting, debugging python environment problems, workflow automation. Experience with AWS, Linux and Mac environments
- Expertise in databases like Snowflake and MySQL (we use these two), or Presto, Redshift, or other popular systems.
- Knowledge of statistics and good experimental practices (e.g. how to run a powerful A/B test, test for significance, or conduct power analysis for prioritization and planning).
- Knowledge of unsupervised machine learning and information retrieval and mining (e.g. DBSCAN, k-Means, indexing, BM25, and evaluation metrics in these problems).
Pay ranges at Yext are established based on an analysis of salaries for positions with a similar level of accountability and impact in the relevant labor market. Salary levels are expected to change to reflect an employee’s job performance (results and impact) over time. Salaries at the time of hire are typically offered in the lower to middle of the above-referenced range in order to provide the opportunity to reflect performance-based increases over time. In addition to base salaries, employees at Yext are typically eligible for a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental and vision benefits; life insurance; short term and long-term disability; 401(k) retirement plan; and vacation and sick leave. Successful candidates may also be eligible for equity (stock) based compensation and/or variable pay programs based on performance relative to goals and targets.
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard, and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. It is Yext’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities as required by law. If you have a disability that requires an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.