XTX Markets is a leading algorithmic trading company partnering with counterparties, exchanges and e-trading venues globally to provide liquidity in the Equity, FX, Fixed Income and Commodity markets. We provide consistent liquidity, helping market participants throughout the world obtain the best prices in the various assets classes we cover, regardless of changing market conditions.
At XTX Markets technology is our business and we are a diverse organisation which attracts outstanding talent from across all industry backgrounds. We are focused on teamwork and our people collaborate on all aspects of the business, working openly and with respect for each other, our clients and the market. Our culture is non-hierarchical and one where everyone is valued. We strive for excellence in everything we do.
The Core Development team at XTX Markets is responsible for the design, implementation, and operation of the firm’s global Core Technology Platform – a complex, multi-faceted system supporting all aspects of the firm’s post-trade business activities with a broad range of functionality:
- Continuous, high-volume trade capture.
- Real-time reconciliation and trade enrichment.
- Position and P&L calculation.
- Risk measurement, monitoring, and alerting.
- Regulatory reporting.
- Trade surveillance.
- Numerous other features in support of the Compliance, Operations, Risk Management and Finance activities.
At XTX, Core Developers are engaged in the entire lifecycle of software development, working closely with colleagues throughout the firm to analyse requirements prior to designing, implementing, delivering and supporting solutions. Prior financial experience is not required, but the role will entail rapidly becoming a subject matter expert in this domain.
- A solid grounding in academic CS fundamentals (algorithms and data structures).
- Familiarity with concurrent programming techniques.
- Exposure to asynchronous, distributed systems.
- An understanding of and commitment to rigorous software engineering discipline.