XTX Markets is a leading algorithmic trading company partnering with counterparties, exchanges and e-trading venues globally to provide liquidity in the Equity, FX, Fixed Income, and Commodity markets. We provide consistent liquidity, helping market participants throughout the world obtain the best prices in the various assets classes we cover, regardless of changing market conditions.
At XTX Markets technology is our business and we are a diverse organisation which attracts outstanding talent from across all industry backgrounds. We are focused on teamwork and our people collaborate on all aspects of the business, working openly and with respect for each other, our clients and the market. Our culture is non-hierarchical and one where everyone is valued. We strive for excellence in everything we do.
We have an open role to manage the UK HQ of XTX, which is one of London’s most impressive offices. You will be an experienced workplace and facilities manager, with experience running and managing a world-class office environment.
You will be a natural problem-solver and leader, able to delegate where appropriate but also lead from the front. You will be able to manage multiple workstreams, acting proactively to improve the working environment for all. No issue will be too small, and no project too complex.
- Line management - line management of the FOH/administration team, organising holiday cover and carrying out bi-annual reviews and objective setting.
- Facilities management – ensuring the office is maintained to a high standard, both functionally and aesthetically. Organising all office repairs, cleans and routine PPM.
- Contractor & vendor management - managing all contractors and vendors, carrying out regular performance reviews, negotiating contracts and where necessary evaluating alternative providers.
- Building management – working closely with the building management team, setting up access for employees and contractors, creating permits for works, raising helpdesk tickets for any base build area issues etc.
- Office management – ensuring the smooth running of the office and being the ‘go to person’.
- Health & safety – responsible for all office health and safety, ensuring the firm meets all regulatory requirements; risk assessments, DSE, PAT testing, updating the H&S policy etc.
- Budget control - managing the office management budget and the monthly expense reconciliation, analysing and reporting costs on a regular basis.
- Insurances – working closely with the COO on insurance renewals.
- General administration – organising clinics such as the flu jab clinic, will writing etc. Coordinating with HR to ensure new starters are onboarded smoothly.
- Global offices – working closely with the global office managers to ensure there is a uniformed approach with their offices and the London HQ.
- Paris office – providing office management support as above to the Paris office as there is no administrative presence locally.
- Ad-hoc projects – working closely with the COO on ad hoc projects.
- Experience managing a first-rate office environment, with a track record of effective budget management and a network of trusted suppliers.
- Examples of exercising sound judgement, leading and facilitating decision making on issues among multiple parties.
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills and personal resilience to working to strict timelines/different styles of leadership.
- You will approach the role with humility, willing to solve any issues no matter how small.
- You are approachable, supportive, and friendly.
- You are highly organised and structured, taking a project management approach to work.
- You can influence stakeholders at all levels in an organisation to act promptly.
- You are highly IT literate and able to use modern project management and collaboration tools (Asana, Slack, Outlook etc).
- IOSH or NEBOSH would be highly beneficial.