WONGDOODY is a human experience agency with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles and New York. Since our founding in 1993, we have won hundreds of global awards for creativity and marketing effectiveness, while building a culture that consistently makes WONGDOODY one of the “Best Places to Work” according to Ad Age, the Puget Sound Business Journal, and the Los Angeles Business Journal. We recognize that our people and our culture are paramount to our success. It is a very exciting time here at WONGDOODY. We’re opening doors to a host of new client opportunities and capabilities, while ensuring that our current clients never outgrow the scope and scale of what we can deliver. And this paves the way for agency growth and expansion into new markets.
We are a team of fun, fearless, ego-less, values-driven and collaborative problem-solvers distributed across the coasts with one goal in mind – human experience. Human experiences are the touch points that make brands and technology matter to customers. We use strategy, creativity and data to develop engaging experiences that transform businesses. And those experiences are backed by the global technological strength of Infosys.
If you’d like to be part of our outstanding team, helping to grow WONGDOODY as well as your own career, please read on and check us out more at www.wongdoody.com.
WONGDOODY is seeking an ACD (Designer, Retail Marketing). The ideal candidates have created, designed and concepted for retail, in-store marketing communications. As an ACD (Designer, Retail Marketing) you will develop creative for a top-three, nationwide wireless carrier within a wider thinker-maker team. Your output will be a smart mix of on-strategy branding, visual design, messaging, activations, and anything else you can pitch. You’ll need to bring your A-game knowledge of branded visual design in retail, digital and traditional delivery methods, as well your smarts on how to make it work.
This role is responsible for conceptual thinking, visual design and development of those ideas into immersive, cohesive in-store campaigns and tactics. This includes, but is not limited to high-volume print materials, motion, content development, and seasonal activations. We want someone who sees everything from all angles and is able to push the limits of creative convention and collaborations while working within existing brand guidelines and multi-channel messaging strategies. You will work hands-on on multiple projects at a time and will be involved in all phases of creative development and production. You will be help lead a team of cross-discipline and cross-office thinker-makers to get it all done. And you can do this with little supervision when needed.
- Inspire and push visual design and copywriting creative within existing brand guidelines and multi-channel messaging strategies.
- Develop creative direction connected to strategy that is contagious for everyone to be a part of and bring that vision to fruition as part of campaigns executed in-store.
- Lead the effort to translate established brand and creative direction into conceptual ideas that lead to business results.
- Present and discuss creative with clients including thinking around messaging and strategy.
- Holistically conceptualize in-store from 2D and 3D perspective.
- Mentor junior and mid-level creatives.
- Collaborate across departments and disciplines on all assigned projects (motion, account service, strategy, CX, production, PM, etc.)
- 7 plus years of agency or client-side retail-marketing store experience.
- Deep understanding of retail and design industry trends and a working knowledge and appetite to dive headfirst into learning about and creating on emerging digital platforms.
- Portfolio must include full range in-store campaign work, demonstrating a clear understanding of strategy and messaging and ability to create and direct in a range of tones and styles.
- Ability to evaluate and give positive direction to creative across craft expertise (graphic design, motion design, copywriting etc.), and produce the best in class work.
- Must be conceptual, visual storyteller and enjoy hands-on design.
- Confident client presentation skills and client facing experience a must.
- Ability to solve problems using keen instincts and organizational experience.
- Proficiency with the following tools:
- Powerpoint / Keynote
- Working knowledge of After Effects a great bonus
- Ready to learn Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision.
- A sense of humor!
TO APPLY: For full consideration please upload both a resume and cover letter.
We’ll pay you to come work at WONGDOODY, because we’re generous like that. But on top of your paycheck, you’ll receive a whole lotta benefits to help keep you healthy, secure and balanced. You’ll get great health insurance (paid in full), 401K company match, all the free coffee you can drink, extended holidays, flexible summer hours, and volunteer time off to name a few.
WONGDOODY is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity employer where we are committed to creating an equitable, diverse and inclusive workspace regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We are intentional about creating a space which not only celebrates and embraces, but also reflects the diversity of the world we live in. Candidates from diverse backgrounds strongly encouraged to apply.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.