WONGDOODY is a human experience agency with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles and New York. Since our founding in 1993, we have won hundreds of global awards for creativity and marketing effectiveness, while building a culture that consistently makes WONGDOODY one of the “Best Places to Work” according to Ad Age, the Puget Sound Business Journal, and the Los Angeles Business Journal. We recognize that our people and our culture are paramount to our success. It is a very exciting time here at WONGDOODY. We’re opening doors to a host of new client opportunities and capabilities, while ensuring that our current clients never outgrow the scope and scale of what we can deliver. And this paves the way for agency growth and expansion into new markets.
We are a team of fun, fearless, ego-less, values-driven and collaborative problem-solvers distributed across the coasts with one goal in mind – human experience. Human experiences are the touch points that make brands and technology matter to customers. We use strategy, creativity and data to develop engaging experiences that transform businesses. And those experiences are backed by the global technological strength of Infosys.
If you’d like to be part of our outstanding team, helping to grow WONGDOODY as well as your own career, please read on and check us out more at www.wongdoody.com.
As a WONGDOODY designer, you'll work under the direction of a Creative Lead and will collaborate in the design of first-in-class retail concepts ranging from environments and programs and marketing communications that elevate the consumer retail experience. More than just arranging words and pictures, you’ll be responsible for developing on-brand design concepts that are built upon strategy.
As a designer, you'll collaborate closely with strategists, copywriters, other designers and creative disciplines to develop new brands and further develop established ones. You will also partner with creative production partners (studio, motion graphics, editors, creative developers etc.) to ensure creative quality through production process.
- Work includes in-store brand elements, art and digital solutions. You will be working to create killer brand experiences through the development of consumer facing design in 2D, 3D and motion.
- You will be working on large and small projects with a strong creative vision collaborating with multiple specialized disciplines and individuals.
- You will be creating both independent, original design solutions, as well as helping to develop and execute work by internal and external creative collaborators.
- Participate on project teams, creative conception sessions (supporting the development of retail concepts, environments and programs.)
- Assist with creating effective, high quality presentations and design visuals using tools like Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and After Effects and even hand sketches. Common deliverables can include concept visualizations, project presentations, storyboards, and prototypes (digital and physical).
- Assist with the development of Brand storytelling in both 3D environments and 2D presentations.
- Actively gains knowledge and experience regarding the brands design philosophy, products and processes.
- 1-3 years in an agency or studio environment, focused in developing skills in Environmental Graphic Design, Graphic Design (Includes Branding principles & Storytelling/Communications), and Experience Design.
- Skilled in design programs such as Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Experience in presentation design programs like Keynote and PowerPoint.
- Excited to learn new software and tools as the work requires.
- Excellent communication, organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to organize thoughts and project details under time constraints.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with creative teams (e.g., other designers, art directors, copywriters, motion designers, CX and UX designers, editors, retouchers) and internal business partners to share ideas and develop effective solutions
- Bonus Points for:
- After Effects, Sketch, InVision, AutoCAD, Rhino, Parametric Design, V-Ray, Podium, Enscape, Vectoraster, Typography, or Writing.
- Curiosity for emerging technology / design trends, tools and methods.
- Curiosity and an eagerness learn from others.
- Participation in the wider design community and connections with creative organizations such as AIGA, Creative Mornings, etc.
- A sense of humor!
TO APPLY: For full consideration please upload both a resume and cover letter.
We’ll pay you to come work at WONGDOODY, because we’re generous like that. But on top of your paycheck, you’ll receive a whole lotta benefits to help keep you healthy, secure and balanced. You’ll get great health insurance (paid in full), 401K company match, all the free coffee you can drink, extended holidays, flexible summer hours, and volunteer time off to name a few.
WONGDOODY is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity employer where we are committed to creating an equitable, diverse and inclusive workspace regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We are intentional about creating a space which not only celebrates and embraces, but also reflects the diversity of the world we live in. Candidates from diverse backgrounds strongly encouraged to apply.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.