When team members told us they needed more flexibility around where and how they worked, we acted, creating two options to accommodate two different styles of work. One non-negotiable principle along the way? We had to retain our deep culture of collaboration, both among ourselves and with our clients. Introducing Work From Near and Work From Anywhere at WillowTree. Learn more here. Please indicate which location(s) you're interested in via the application form. If you're applying for a non-remote position and you are not currently local to the location(s), we encourage you to apply! We offer financial relocation assistance.
WillowTree is hiring for empathetic, curious developers to join our growing team. We work in a fast-paced and energizing atmosphere, helping our clients’ ideas come to life by building robust mobile and web applications. Our backend technology stack varies by project, so we value flexibility and willingness to learn. Our goal is to build amazing solutions for our clients, and our backend implementations are a crucial part of how we deliver on that promise.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Are driven by curiosity and enthusiastic about learning new technologies
- Are motivated by solving problems and finding creative solutions
- Believe in autonomy and taking initiative
- Have professional programming experience — we’re thinking 2-5+ years
- Have the ability to write code that is durable, secure, scalable, always up and running
- Have in-depth experience with one server-side programming language — such as Java, Kotlin or other JVM languages; C# or other .NET languages; Node.js; Python, Go, and perhaps a breadth in others
- Have in-depth experience working with relational and/or no SQL databases. This could be PostgreSQL, SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB, or another type of document-database. This includes experience with schema design, indexing, querying, and performance tuning
- Experience writing apps for Azure, AWS, GCP, CloudFoundry, Heroku, SalesForce, MuleSoft or other cloud providers
- Developing with Console; CLI; to build/develop cloud resources
- A deep understanding of how to design RESTful APIs optimized for responsive, interactive mobile experiences
- Strong appreciation for CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI) and experience setting up deployment pipelines for your platform
- Have experience with the concepts of “infrastructure as code" - such as CloudFormation; Terraform; Azure Resource Manager
- Familiarity with building highly available and scalable systems
- Worker/Message queues
- Observability such as monitoring and logging
- Platform migration from on-premise solutions to cloud based solutions
- Have experience blending authentication and authorization flows into API services
- Familiarity with one CMS - EpiServer; dotCMS; AEM;
- You have code samples or a GitHub account to share and while you’re there, check us out!
You’ll love this job if you...
- Are comfortable collaborating and communicating with teams and clients to deliver software in an agile environment
- Find it rewarding to improve existing code to make it more maintainable, testable and elegant
- Enjoy pair-programming
- Believe the job isn’t finished until your code is covered by unit tests
- Pride yourself on your work and take responsibilities and commitments seriously
- Value daily opportunities to immerse yourself deeply in your work
- Celebrate differences and thrive in an environment where everyone’s unique contributions are encouraged
- Value a feedback culture that fosters personal and professional growth
What Makes WillowTree Special
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree upholds our core values in every aspect of our work. We promote safe and inclusive work environments and maintain a drug-free workplace. We celebrate our differences and provide equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.