VaynerMedia is a full service global agency built for the now. We deliver integrated programs across creative, strategy, production, and media all under one roof that drive tangible business results for some of the biggest brands in the world.
About the Role:
The Associate Director, Media Buying is responsible for serving as a day to day leader inside our Media Department, mentoring and working closely with a unified media buying unit consisting of Analysts, Senior Analysts and Managers. You will be functioning as a trusted and respected leader within the organization and relied upon for high-level operations management, innovation, and client/partner relationships. You will report into a Director, Media, working closely with this individual, your buying teammates as well as other core discipline team members (Media Planning, Data Analytics).
- Regularly meet with direct reports setting daily expectations, to ensure they’re tracking towards goals, providing strategic guidance, and running training sessions.
- Act as client lead maintaining client relationships, acting on executional or strategic needs, presenting media plans and campaign results etc.
- Ensure campaign performance is of the highest standard managing ongoing measurement against client KPI's, business objectives, and reporting on performance providing thought leadership on all media plans.
- Ensure strategy, approach and direction meets (or exceeds) client expectations for any given campaign or initiative striving to be proactive vs. reactive with your approach to their businesses
- Oversee finance processes monthly reviewing budget reports, media authorizations, and billing.
- Partner with Director to deliver best-in-class media investment strategy and execution outputs, derived from industry insights and expertise.
- Communicate information internally and externally managing deliverables between client, account, and analysts.
- Continue to establish internal policies and POVs on agency partnerships, the general digital media landscape, and current client business cases.
- Collaborate across agency disciplines to craft best-in-class, holistic omnichannel media strategies rooted in driving tangible business outcomes for large brands
- Actively consider new opportunities for key client(s), proactively recommending new tactics, partners, etc.
- A minimum 5+ years of industry experience working within platforms, with entrepreneurial street cred and/or BA/BS degree (Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Finance).
- Experience across any and all buying/biddable platforms in any of the following:
- Social: Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, LinkedIn, TikTok
- DIO Buying
- Fluency with analytics, attribution and measurement systems. Including but not limited to:
- Google Analytics
- Double Click
- MOAT/IAS/Double Verify
- Nielsen/Millward Brown/Oracle Measurement
- Experience leading and managing growing teams with the ability to clearly and accurately communicate to Media Managers, Buying, Senior Media Analysts and Media Analysts to achieve team priorities and unify team members around a common goal.
- Comfortable in Excel, experience with Tableau/Looker/Data Studio/other data visualization programs, fundamental understanding of economics & statistics a must.
- Strategic understanding of traditional, digital, and social-specific media planning & buying, along with the proper metrics of success and measurement opportunities.
- Clear attention-to-detail and organizational excellence to ensure flawless delivery of planned strategies.
- Act as a role model and embody a true leadership mentality:
- People-first mentality (We call this the “Honey Empire”).
- Inspire positivity and respect among employees.
- Ensure employees achieve attainable professional goals/hit demarcated growth.