VaynerMedia is a full service global agency built for the now. We deliver integrated programs across creative, strategy, production, and media all under one roof that drive tangible business results for some of the biggest brands in the world.
About the Role
The Associate Director, Media Buying is responsible for serving as a day to day leader inside our Media Department, mentoring and working closely with a unified media buying unit consisting of Analysts, Senior Analysts and Managers. You will be functioning as a trusted and respected leader within the organization and relied upon for high-level operations management, innovation, and client/partner relationships. You will report into a Director, Media, working closely with this individual, your buying teammates as well as other core discipline team members (Media Planning, Data Analytics).
- Partner with Director to deliver best-in-class media investment strategy and execution outputs, derived from industry insights and expertise
- Work as in-house media strategy expert for all channels including emerging and Digital media. Stay up to date on media landscape and constantly seek out innovative partners/platforms to identify new opportunities for key client(s), proactively recommending new tactics, partners, etc.
- Be well versed in the various Paid Media and Measurement opportunities in Digital and broader marketing mix, to provide client recommendations on the proper KPIs, based on brand-specific goals. A working knowledge of all major Digital, Social & native ad platforms
- Act as client lead from a Buying standpoint, acting on executional or strategic needs, presenting media plans and campaign results etc.
- Ensure campaign performance is of the highest standard managing ongoing measurement against client KPIs / business objectives and reporting on performance provide thought leadership on all media plans
- Think holistically and strategically about broader client business goals, objectives, pain points, etc. in an effort to drive success at the highest levels
- Contributes to quarterly business reviews and other senior level work streams, meetings, presentations, etc.
- Regularly meet with direct reports to ensure they’re tracking towards goals, providing strategic guidance, and running training sessions
- Oversee Digital monthly billing & actualization; manage annual planned vs. spent budgets
- Communicate information internally and externally managing deliverables between client, account, and analysts
- Continue to establish internal policies and POVs on agency partnerships, the general digital media landscape, and current client business cases
- Collaborate across agency disciplines to craft best-in-class, holistic omnichannel media strategies rooted in driving tangible business outcomes for large brands
- A minimum 5+ years of industry experience with entrepreneurial street cred and/or BA/BS degree
- A proven track record of large-scale media buying proficiency across several biddable platforms with particular depth in the following:
- Google: DV360 or Google Ads / Display / Video
- The Trade Desk / Programmatic Display
- Digital Audio, Mobile, OLV, Custom Content
- Fluency with analytics, attribution and measurement systems. Including but not limited to:
- Google Analytics
- Nielsen/Millward Brown/Oracle Measurement
- Experience leading and managing growing teams
- Advanced with Excel and Google Suite
- A proven understanding and expertise in investment strategy within the social/digital space and how to properly integrate within wider omnichannel marketing mixes
- Strategic understanding of Digital, Social and Traditional media planning & buying, along with the proper metrics of success and measurement opportunities