We are committed to building a diverse team. If you're from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd particularly love to meet you.
About the team
Thoughtful customer-centered design is central to our mission to put the world's 1.5 billion cars to better use. Our guest team members are obsessed with helping customers find and enjoy their ideal car from our global community of hosts.
About the role
As a Senior Product Designer on the Guest team, you will drive the user experience vision and execution for product improvements that help guests confidently find and book the perfect vehicle for their next trip. Some of the product surfaces you might work on include search, browse, favorites, vehicle listings, checkout, and on-trip experience. You'll work alongside other talented designers, UX researchers, product managers, engineers, and data analysts who are equally passionate about shipping world-class experiences that solve complex problems in simple, elegant ways. You'll report to our Guest team Product Design Director.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with PMs, engineers, and other disciplines to solve interesting problems such as helping guests find more cars in more convenient locations for their trip or discovering new ways to enhance the guest trip experience (as examples)
- Own the user experience for your projects end-to-end, including contributing to product strategy, running design workshops, and crafting visions
- Create, and iterate on IA, flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals across iOS, Android, and Web.
- Work cross-functionally to implement your designs
- Be a bar-raiser by collaborating with our design systems team and contributing to our shared design libraries.
What we're looking for
- Robust UX skills with the ability to design and ship high-quality product experiences
- Experience commensurate with a senior role
- Examples of the design work you're most proud of, with stories of how your designs made an impact
- Good judgment and self-direction
- Humble, low-ego teammates focused on shipping what's best for our customers, even if it's not your design.
Why you'll love being a part of our team
- We're pioneering, challenging the status quo, and always striving to try new things without fear of failure
- We're efficient, letting data drive our decisions and prioritizing our work based on impact
- We're supportive, always striving to connect, collaborate, and lift each other up
- We're down-to-earth, leading confidently without arrogance, and maintaining humility in our work, our culture, and our product
- We are a high-growth company with strong financial performance and plentiful opportunities for career growth
- We offer a competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Turo cultivates a team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. We are always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient people to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!