We believe delivering operational excellence through effective and consistent problem-solving, teamwork and leadership is crucial to Turo’s mission of putting the world's 1.5+ billion cars to better use.
About Our Team:
We're a supportive, down-to-earth, fun team of operators who work closely with designers, researchers, data analysts, product managers, engineers, and other cross-functional peers to create enjoyable user experiences. We're fully committed to the belief that every customer touchpoint is an opportunity to strengthen a relationship, and to build the Turo brand, no matter the channel or issue at hand.
Your Role And Impact:
You'll report to the SVP, Operations and manage a team of vendor management professionals committed to supporting one of our product’s most visible areas: you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. You'll collaborate to craft a user experience strategy that makes an impact by seamlessly integrating our user needs with our business objectives and be comfortable communicating the plan at all levels within the company. On a typical day, you'll give feedback in department reviews, coach your team through complex problem spaces, manage trade offs with your cross-functional peers, and lead strategic vendor management initiatives to enable delightful experiences. You are capable of being strategic and tactical. If necessary, you will roll up your sleeves and assist the front line while simultaneously thinking of how to improve the process.
- Build long term strategic vision and uplift our BPO network capabilities to do work more effectively and efficiently with better experience outcomes
- Accountable for driving results with existing vendors
- Evaluating, proposing and onboarding new vendors, if required
- Negotiating vendor contracts and incentives
- Collaborating with operations leadership to evolve the outsourcing strategy
- Building a team to execute on the outsourcing strategy
- Working cross-functionally with other teams
- Presenting results to leadership through varying communication channels
- Be an influential leader in our operations team, and craft a compelling long-term BPO vendor strategy
- Coach internal team members and external contact center partners to help them grow and achieve performance and productivity targets
- Partner with product, engineering, design, data and research to ensure projects are well-defined, high impact, and successfully executed
- Guide solutions that deliver successful business outcomes
- Work closely with operational leadership to define and improve policies, processes and technology
- Accountable for managing costs of internal teams and external suppliers
- 10+ years of professional experience in contact center operations related to service delivery, customer satisfaction, and P&L
- Excellent workforce management and capacity planning skills
- Strong leadership skills managing and motivating team members
- Strong analytical background to understand how to leverage data to influence business decisions Demonstrated ability grasping technical and complex concepts and clearly explaining them to others
- Ability to build trust, interact globally with all levels of the organization and able to effectively communicate and influence team members and/or partners across cultures
- Exceptional communication skills-written, verbal, presentation, and meeting facilitation
- Strategic mindset with strong problem-solving and resolution skills
- Outstanding organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Experience working cross-functionally to drive strategy, vision, and execution
- Comfortable juggling a wide range of responsibilities at the same time, meeting established deadlines, including appetite and aptitude for infrequently stepping in to execute on your team’s behalf
- Prior experience implementing continuous improvement practices for a business unit and/or function
- Willingness to occasionally work on weekends, if required
- Zest for working in a start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
- Experience working in or with trust and safety, claims, or sales teams
- Involvement in a start-up organization, especially tech
Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance and 401k match
- Flexible paid time off, 9 paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Monthly Fringe benefits stipend
- Monthly Turo travel credit
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $500M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!