We are a group of creative, mission-driven marketplace and car enthusiasts who want to put the world’s 1.5B+ cars to better use. We are seeking an experienced and strategic individual to join our team in San Francisco as Director of Corporate Development. This incredible opportunity requires extensive deal experience, strategic mindset, exceptional project management and analytical skills, stakeholder management, and influencing, both externally and internally.
No day is the same at Turo business development. As the leader of our Corporate Development team, you will be a key driver in the evaluation and execution of inorganic growth opportunities for Turo globally. You will be responsible for developing the comprehensive M&A strategy, and identifying, evaluating, and executing transactions that will drive the growth and profitability of Turo. You will research and generate ideas, prioritize objectives and plan internal activity, drive due diligence and valuation analysis, spearhead term sheet and contract negotiations, create and present strategic documents and recommendations, and support integration by partnering with key leaders.
This role reports to the head of BD and strategic partnerships, and will have significant engagement with Turo’s President, CFO, and CEO. This is a unique career opportunity that offers incredible potential for personal and professional growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with business and product teams to comprehensively assess expansion opportunities and build internal and external consensus
- Develop a network of entrepreneurs, industry contacts, venture capital investors and investment bankers to source investment opportunities
- Serve as a subject-matter expert on valuation and deal structuring
- Lead all pre-transaction diligence efforts, evaluate value creation opportunities and risks in potential transactions, and bring transactions over the finish line
- Work with product and engineering teams to understand their roadmaps and needs to help inform deal sourcing and priorities
- Research adjacent markets and monitor competitors to identify M&A prospects that represent a good fit for Turo
- Lead due diligence and integration efforts for acquisitions, including coordinating cross-functional teams during evaluation process
- Negotiate purchase price and deal terms, build financial models to support valuation and establish key benchmarks for post-close planning
- Develop acquisition playbooks to streamline the process and help Turo scale
- Hire, develop, and manage a team of merger & acquisition professionals
- 10+ years experience in corporate development, venture capital, private equity or investment banking with a technology focus
- Tech, especially marketplace, experience is highly desired and a big plus
- Experience sourcing and executing deals globally
- Experience driving multiple business deals through all phases; ability to manage complex negotiations from start to finish
- Experience building and managing teams
- Skilled in financial modeling, forecasting, analysis, and financial reporting
- Excellent communication skills whether it is presenting in a meeting or building out a deck
- Team player who can work across multiple departments and levels within the company
- Independent self-starter, who’s comfortable with minimal oversight and supervision, and enjoys pioneering new approaches and directions, while also being rigorous in the evaluation of results
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, vision insurance, and 401k match
- Flexible paid time off, 9 paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Monthly Fringe benefits stipend
- Monthly Turo travel credit
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $450M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!