We're looking for a Director of Recruiting to join our growing Turo team in San Francisco! Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Director will build upon the already successful Recruiting team by iterating upon our current talent acquisition practices, processes and policies, as well as continuing to build out the Recruiting team in order to scale alongside our thriving business. (This position is based in San Francisco and is not a remote position).
The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker who is always ready to switch hats, roll up their sleeves and dig into a project hands-on. You will serve as the point person on matters regarding candidate sourcing and pipeline strategies, vendor management, employer marketing, diversity partnerships, recruiting metrics, and that’s all in one day. As the global Recruiting leader, you’ll evolve the systems & processes already in place so as to keep us agile, innovative, supportive and collaborative as we grow our teams around the world. You'll apply a forward-thinking approach to keeping our talent acquisition programs on the cutting edge so as to attract top-talent while simultaneously providing the Recruiting team members with direction, mentorship and advocacy within a supportive environment so that they can continue to do their best work.
- Drive the overall continued success of our Recruiting team so as to ensure that our global hiring targets are met on time and on budget
- Manage, support, mentor and reward our Recruiting team (currently 4 recruiters and 1 coordinator) and hire additional recruiting teammates to execute upon our overall hiring plans
- Build upon our strong employer brand by continuing to market the candidate and Turo employee experience via a number of social media channels
- Identify gaps and needs, and evolve our recruiting strategy, processes and programs so as to move our business forward; understand organizational needs and create & drive processes, policies, and workflows that are innovative, efficient, scalable, and reflect our Turo values
- Cultivate a data-driven recruiting function to make informed and measurable recruiting decisions so as to improve the overall effectiveness of our recruiting efforts
- Be a trusted advisor and thought partner with senior leaders on recruiting projects across the company
- Be a great partner to our FP&A team so as to manage the headcount plan, and serve as a proactive partner to our Director of People Ops so as to support new hire onboarding
- Develop and own the relationships with all recruiting partners and vendors
- Serve as an expert on our Turo total compensation programs, salary & equity structure, benefits programs so as to educate our new recruiters, managers and candidates on total reward practices
- Support the recruiters and hiring managers by being an expert in employment practices with respect to immigration, visa applications and policies
- Create learning and development opportunities to prepare our Recruiting team members for more significant responsibilities as the company grows
- Champion diversity, inclusion & belonging efforts across all recruiting initiatives and across all teams; educating and promoting awareness, building diverse candidate pools, and ensuring an inclusive candidate experience that fosters diversity and allyship
- Forge strong connections and maintain open lines of communication with employees at all levels - leadership, hiring managers, interviewers and recruiting team members; maintain trust and communication across the organization while inspiring a culture of personal accountability, execution, collaboration and positivity
- Champion Turo's values by ensuring they are woven into all aspects of our talent acquisition programs and exemplifying them in your own day-to-day work
- 10+ years experience in talent acquisition demonstrating increased responsibility & scope over time, preferably within a tech company
- 3+ years experience leading, coaching, developing and managing recruiting team members with a demonstrated, proven track record building successful recruiting teams who exceed hiring goals
- Direct experience with both technical and non-technical recruitment, with proven strategies for all types of roles
- A strategic thinker, that can simultaneously focus on tactical and operational issues with demonstrated experience of managing multiple, on-going operational deliverables and ability to pivot suddenly with high priority tasks
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design clear processes, and a very detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving
- An authentic commitment to diversity and inclusion with a genuine desire to advocate for more inclusive approaches to hiring
- Experience working in a variety of recruiting systems, including but not limited to: ATS (Greenhouse preferred), LinkedIn Recruiter, Glassdoor, and other sourcing tools,
- Strong written, public speaking, and communication skills with the ability to synthesize ideas and present them in a poised and polished manner
- Excellent judgment and the ability to make sound decisions independently
- A life-long learner who possesses a style and approach that is positive, proactive, thoughtful, empathetic, organized and action-oriented
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, vision insurance, and 401k match
- Flexible paid time off, 9 paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Monthly Fringe benefits stipend
- Monthly Turo travel credit
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $450M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!